Sunday 22 April 2018

A Snippets Card

Pixies Snippets Playground has me this week to show what I have done using those odd left over bits of card - let's face it, we all have them and the challenge run by Di, is a fortnightly way of getting us to try and lower the scrap mountain!
If you have come across to visit from the Playground it's lovely to see you and hope you will come back soon.

My card uses a stamp called Cosmos from one of my fave companies - Technique Tuesday.  (Long admired the cards made by Birgit and some of her creations are made with stamps from TT - which got me started!)

Recently I have been practicing watercolour backgrounds so I now have odd bits of watercolour cardstock to add to the ordinary cardstock pile!
Stamped and heat embossed in white onto a scrap of watercolour card and coloured the flower heads with Peacock Feathers DO before fussy cutting.  

Used another oddment of watercolour card cut into a square and stamped and embossed the Cosmos flowers again. 
I then washed part of it with the same ink using lots of water to dilute the colour to create my background and positioned the stitched die frame (another leftover) over it.
The flower heads were popped up with foam pads.
The stitched rectangular piece was just another odd bit on the desk so I ran round it with a stitched die and used it! 
Finished it off with some liquid pearls in the centre of the flowers and a couple of bits of bling. 

Hope you like my make for the Playground this week and that you will come along and join us!

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Viv, the design and colours, especially those flowers are stunning. Great job with the WC background.x 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]


Aquarius said...

just popped in to visit from the Playground - well done for stepping in at the last minute with this so pretty card made using scraps from your 'mountain'. No matter how many snippets I use the pile never seems to diminish!!

brenda said...

Super colours and dimension Viv. Lackluster sums up yesterday.

B x

Sarn said...

Stunning card Viv. Gorgeous colour & I love the dimensional aspects. Aren't you lovely for helping Di out as a guest designer in her time io need xxx

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the tones of that peacock feather ink and what a pretty flower stamp. So very pretty x

Di said...

Bless you little cotton socks Viv for being GD at the last minute. LOVE this card, as you know, and it's a privilege to have you as GD this fortnight. That really is the most delicious shade of blue BTW - and now I need to check out Technique Tuesday don't I - tee, hee.

Big hugs and thanks again

Di xx

Jeanne H said...

Absolutely wonderful card! Really love it. Gotta get some of those Cosmos flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful card with a lovely soft water colour background. I like the stitched die you used as well.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card Viv and love your choice of colour for the gorgeous dies. Well done for volunteering for the snippets challenge.

Kath x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Viv. I love the clean and fresh design and the colours are beautiful. Congratulations on your DT spot over in the Playground. xx

Joan said...

Love your card Viv


Joan x

Loll said...

AMAZING card Viv! Gorgeous watercoloured background and flowers. I have this stamp but am ashamed to say I haven't used the flower stamp part yet ... but love the Happy Birthday and use it A LOT! :) Your flowers are amazing and I love the design with the square frame and white piece in behind. Great layering ... the white-on-white keeps the design CAS. White and turquoise colours are so fresh and perfect for spring. xx

Carole said...

Fabulous card Viv...love the soft colours, your technique and of course your design!

MaryH said...

I struggle with watercoloring, so I'm admiring the wonderful look of this pretty soft blue cosmos. The white embossing lets the beautiful blue color stand out so well. The shading is just so skillfully done, and I love how you've let the blooms stray outside of the stitched die framing. The background looks splendid as well. Just a stunning card. TFS & have a good week (I like TT stamps too, don't think I have this one though).

Darnell said...

Eep! I am in love with this card, Viv! The color is divine with all that embossed white and tiny shiny pearls! Your framing and stacking of snippets gives the card so much dimension, punctuated brilliantly with those matching triple pearls! It's a wowza design top to bottom! Thank you for being the Playground Guest Designer!! Hugs, Darnell