Sunday 15 July 2018

Dreaming of Christmas?

Spare time once again evaded me this week and it does not seem 8 days since my last post!
A share from my 'Drafts' folder today as no card making been done at all this week.
Here is the confession - THIS IS THE ONLY CHRISTMAS CARD I HAVE MADE THIS YEAR!!!!
So no doubt once again I shall be madness itself nearer the time...

I have a collection of these window dies. Like most dies I have bought they are hardly used😔😔.... my crafting seems to go in phases.. Stamps, Dies, Fussy, CAS and I never have quite decided on the one that fits me best.

Behind the window die is the tiniest bit of watercolour card, stamped with some teeny trees and heat embossed.
Was a bit fiddly but eventually managed to get the tree placement right.

The holly die was simply coloured and re-assembled and I added some glossy accents onto the berries and a bit of blingy before adding it to a piece of folded card for the window ledge.
 I used the brick embossing folder for the background as I thought it looked a little 'flat'.
So one made - only another zillion to go!

The weather has been so warm it's hard to think of Christmas and I suppose that I won't think of it again now until November!
Hope the sun is shining where you are and you are not fed up with the sunshine - thanks for popping in today. x
Challenges -
Kitty Bee - Christmas In July
CAS on Friday - Christmas In July
Xmas @ Sweet Stampin - Anything Christmas
Crafters Castle - Christmas in July
CHNC -  Anything Christmas plus a die

16 comments:

brenda said...

Well it's a start Viv and a lovely one at that. I found a remedy this year as I always have a love hate relationship making my own anfter starting in May for TV, I made them all in January (as well as 50 for my daughter) so all done and dusted.

B x

Viv said...

Great Xmas card Viv, I don't even think about mine until November lol.Boiling hot here today , loving it though ;) hugs Viv xx

Dora said...

Beautiful

Aquarius said...

Time flies when you're having fun so they say - I've not posted for a week either I've just realised! A great idea to use the window die in this way for a Christmas card - love it. I have to admit I'm hoping for some cooler weather so that I can get on with things without breaking out in a sweat!!!

Pat said...

A beautiful Christmas card Viv and the little scene with the trees and the bit of holly makes wonderful window dressing. x

Pat said...

A beautiful Christmas card Viv and the little scene with the trees and the bit of holly makes wonderful window dressing. x

Meggymay said...

I love how you framed the small water colour scene, Its a beautiful card.
I am always last minute as well for the 'C' season.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

Brilliant CAS card.

Kath x

Mac Mable said...

The texture on the background wall is wonderful and the die cut window with the little scene behind is fabulous. The die cut holly and berries just pops off the card and finishes your card off beautifully x Good luck with making the rest of the cards! x.

GerJanne said...

Hi Viv,
Your first Christmas card is just a marvelous one! Beautiful die and I recognize What you wrote. I'm crafting very often and still have many dies, stamps and other material I didn't use yet....
Thank you for joining us at CHNC.
GerJanne

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card Viv, the window die and deco's are gorgeous.x

Mrs A. said...

I only have one window die and it doesn't get used very often either. Yours looks great here and I might just need to steal your idea! Lol.
Hugs Mrs A.

Craftychris said...

Ooh it's beautiful! Love the embossing, a lovely touch. I have a window die that I haven't used yet - maybe I should! Well done on making a start on Christmas - you have to start somewhere! xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Viv

Anne

Pia S said...

One card done is better than none. Your first card is lovely, so pretty with the window against the brickwall in neutral color.

The Craft Princess said...

Beautiful Christmas card!!! I love the brick embossing and the white on white. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com