Sunday 12 August 2018

Inky things

I have scheduled this to post whilst at the National Championships so I hope Mr Blogger behaves himself - I haven't got much free time now until the first week in September but am hoping to be able to get home for an overnight stay when I have 2 days off together so will be round to visit everyone whenever I can!
If the forecasters are correct I am currently enjoying some lovely weather and am hoping that it will last for the entire Championships.

Before I came away I did manage to make a couple of cards.

A poppy die cut from a leftover piece of watercolour card and painted with watercolour paints.
The background was another oddment of watercolour card. Brushed Peeled Paint DI onto the bottom then overstamped with some foliage stamps.

A few red paint splatters and some red Nuvo crystal drops next and finally a die cut sentiment.

Quick card really and hope you like!

Hoping that you too are having sunshine and blue skies and thanks for stopping by. xx

13 comments:

Aquarius said...

A great watercolour card and the poppies really pop against the delicate background. Hope you aren't having the steady rain and grey skies which is what is happening here today although of course the gardens needed rain and it is good to have cooler temperatures.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful Poppy card Viv...

Anne

Carole said...

LOVE your card Viv! Quick?...no such thing in my book...hats off to you. Weather changeable here, still muggy! Take care xx

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous card Viv. Its a super die cut poppy.
I hope the weather is still dry for you at the championships.
Yvonne xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful and artsy card. Hope the weather is behaving x.

pinky said...

wow it's just beautiful Viv. Would love to be able to craft like that!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Viv!! LOVE the brightness of your beautiful watercoloured poppies. Perfect with the foliage background. The splatters and nuvo drops are pretty finishing details. Always inspired when I visit! Hope your weather is good and you're enjoying your trip. xx

Pat said...

Oooh, more red poppies so bright and pretty Viv, and a nice large word die too. I hope you are enjoying yourself and not finding it all too tiring. x

Joan said...

Love your poppy card Viv, the red splatters really set it off


Joan x

Pia S said...

So beautiful with the flower popped up onto the painted background, love the dimension and the card is classy.

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty thats a great classy design Love and hugs Carole x

Mrs A. said...

Yes I do like your card. Love the poppy against your oh so classy background. Hugs Mrs A.

Claire said...

This is so soft and pretty Viv - it looks as though you've handpainted it all rather than used stamps. The red splatters are perfect...I rarely splatter as I always seem to ruin the card!