Friday 19 September 2008

Circle of Life












Have wanted to do this circular book for a while. This being my first attempt, it isn't perfect - it's not entirely symmetrical when it's closed. But I know where I went wrong, so maybe if I do another, I will manage to get everything lined up perfectly. It looks fine when it's opened out fully! You do each segment separately, then stick it all together so when it opens out it makes a perfect circle.I chose the 'Circle of Life' theme as it combined my crafting with one of my other passions - Ancestry! I did each segment as a generation, starting with the children, then the young gentlemen looking forward to their travels and young lady who is in love for the first time and finishing with Grandma and Grandpa who have a treasure chest of memories of their lives together. I'm enough of a romantic to think that perfect families really DO exist (if only in my imagination!)
I have started a couple of projects this week, in anticipation of my bowling season finishing on Sunday!

12 comments:

Joey said...

Viv this is absolutely amazing! I dont know if I would have had the patience to do something so creative, it really is stunning.xxx

Maureen said...

Viv, that is (to use one of my cousins words) AWESOME!!! -did wonder why you had blogged a quarter of a cheese when I first looked then scrolled down and wow - brilliant.

Sally said...

This is a beautiful book. Love the concept of a book that folds out to form those wonderful platforms -just ideal for altering!

liz said...

That's really interesting, and looks like it took quite a bit of time and patience.

jennyflowerblue said...

Hi Viv, thanks for visiting my Blog and entering my give away. Great to find your blog too. Your constructions and compositions are beautifull! XX

Astrid Maclean said...

This is gobsmackingly beautiful!
Never heard of a circular book before but this looks amazing and you can't see at all that it's not perfect. Do you have a template for it, would love to give it a try...

artisbliss said...

That's quite an undertaking. Very nice outcome, especially for a first attempt.

WendyK said...

This is fabulous Viv, as Astrid said, is there a template ?

SusanLotus said...

This one is absolutely gorgeous!
I´m amazed how you did it!
I will do my best to make one for the challange but I am not sure I will manage... LOL

My name is Cindy said...

mUST HAVE MISSED THIS FIRS TIME ROUND, PRETTY COOL!

Jan said...

Fantastic Viv. Looking forward to giving it a go! You've set the standards HIGH lol

Renee (nayski) said...

Holy cats Viv - this is so cool!