Saturday 13 September 2008

Guilty copycat and Second hand Rose!

Am feeling really guilty! It's been a lovely afternoon here, sun shining and I have been very naughty! Instead of doing some work in the garden and taking advantage of the weather, I have sat here and turned the tidy(ish) craft space into a tip! I have been envious for a long time of Jans beautiful wall hangings and although I am not a 'fabric' person and am rubbish with a needle (unless it's x stitch!), I was desperate to try and do something similar. ( Note for Jan....Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ...honest!!)
Connie had sent me a card some time ago which had this beautiful image printed on acetate so I decided to try and recycle it.
Using a 4"x4" chipboard mount I covered in a musical score paper, I then tipped out the contents of the lace/ribbon box and found some scraps at the bottom! I used two eyelets so the fibre hanger could be threaded through and knotted at the front. The cut up tag is from a 'Tag Art' collage book which I had forgotten I had - (I think I might have bought it when I thought I might try scrapbooking!! Needless to say, this is the first time I've used it!)
Cannot remember where the 'ribbon rose' came from but it was definitely cut off something! And the shaker style heart came from our village craft shop and was left over from a few wedding cards I made as an order! I have called her second Hand Rose as it sounds so much nicer than recycled Rhona! Although this is nowhere near Jan's standards I'm quite pleased with it for a first attempt.... it wasn't made for anyone or with anything in mind, so I shall just keep it for a little while before I decide what to do with it! Just wish I was a better photograher, this is another one that looks better if you enlarge it!

4 comments:

konnykards .. Musings of a Senior Citizen said...

Ooooh! I love it.
You're not a fabric person, as you say ......
you're a fabric artist!
Let's see more soon! Connie.

Maureen said...

Really good Viv, I love it.

Trudy said...

love it

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! Have not seen Jan's (will have to check out her blog now :0), but this is stunning. Like Connie says, you're an artist!