Saturday, 24 January 2009

'THE ALTERED ATC' - wall art incoporating matchbox window shrines


This shrine was the SIS project for Jan/Feb. (Details of SIS can be found here )
The project was to make a 'shrine' using a matchbox and an ATC.
I chose the theme of 'Love' cos it's February and also because I have had this 3 heart embellishment for over 2 years which was rescued from the inside of another project (didn't turn out the way I wanted so it went in the bin!) The 3 hearts and it's red background are air dried clay which have been painted. This fitted perfectly in the inside of the matchbox.
I used gold embossed paper for the box and toned it down a little using black ink and red ink 'dabbers' as the gold was too shiny for my liking - I wanted to achieve a muted 'antique' effect for the frame and box.
So the matchbox was used to house my hearts and the ATC was then cut out to make a window type frame. The ATC was covered in the same paper and toned down like the box. I added the metal embellishments, a tassel and some fibres.
(There is a tutorial on this project written by Ange and it can be viewed here if you fancy trying it! )
Lots To Do have set a theme of 'Frames' for this week so have entered this into the challenge!

10 comments:

  1. Viv its absolutely stunning - love the way you've added all the bits and pieces a very clever work of art

    Thanks so much for joining the Lotstodo Challenge again thes week

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovelyyyyyy work Viv,really like this,I did think of having ago but sooo much buzzing around in my head what i want to do,but nothings getting done lol.
    Pattie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, vivienne, i can see why you rescued those hearts, reeeeally nice.
    In fact great work all round.

    (I can feeeeeeeel the love emanating from you roflol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea. You have made it your own with wonderful texture and gorgeous embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all the comments Viv! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous piece of work Viv

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic artwork. I love it !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate every single one!