Saturday 29 May 2010

Tag

It's been forever since I have found time to sit and do anything creative. Today I had a free day and oh what joy when I saw the weather! Cold and wet means I can sit here and fiddle about to my heart's content without feeling guilty cos I'm not tidying the garden!!

It's also been forever since I have made anything for a challenge and this one finishes tomorrow!!

The challenge set by the 'Tag You're It' team was 'A Whiter Shade of Pale'. I have been cursing them ever since I read the blog 'cos the darn song keeps whizzing about in my head! (Which now has well aged me cos I just checked and it was 1967 when it was released!!!!)

So here's my effort complete with a quote from Procul Harums classic song.
'She said, 'There is no reason and the truth is plain to see.
But I wandered through my playing cards and would not let her be
one of sixteen vestal virginswho were leaving for the coast
and although my eyes were open they might have just as well've been closed'

The beautiful face image is printed onto fabric paper and edged with white organza fabric and the quote is printed onto vellum and attached with white eyelets onto the 'paisley' embossed paper background. Some fibres, pearls and a sparkly flower to finish and unfortunately my photography today is not the best so please if you want a better look enlarge the pic!

8 comments:

Anne said...

O-M-Goodness, this is just DIVINE!!! Oh wow Viv! That photo has a beautiful ethereal look that I love. Your tag is magnificent. Thank you so much for playing with us at TYI - we have a new theme tomorrow and I promise you won't go crazy singing 60's songs!! LOL! Sorry about that! :o) xx

Netty said...

This is totally gorgeous Viv. Annette x

Jan said...

Just so beautiful and dreamy.... lovely image x

Teresa said...

wow! this is so beautiful Viv so lovely,
Teresa x

Sherry said...

It's just perfect Viv!

Diamond Doll said...

Hiya Viv, this is just beautiful.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the etheral softness of it!

Jennifer said...

stunning!! So elegant! xx Jenny xx