Sunday, 5 December 2010

First for Today

Had a productive couple of days and here's another one for the stash. This one though was about to go into the bin as I had a bit of a disaster with the nestie! The image is a feeebie digi which I coloured with promarkers. Cutting her out was fine - then I thought 'I'll just emboss the edges'... should have left well alone cos as I ran it through the machine again the paper must have slipped - result? An image which had the wonkiest embossing you've ever seen. Agghhhhhhh- !!!!
Sat for a while looking at it and cursing then put it to one side and started something else.

Halfway through the new project I remembered some fibres I had. Tipped out the box - not a lot left.... could I stretch it? LOL. Just about - I was left with less than an eighth of an inch after covering the edge! So she was saved from the bin and to celebrate I gave the 'furry' bits of her outfit a liberal dose of Stickles in not one but TWO colours!

She's stuck onto a blue foiled background which is layered onto silver mirri card. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the corners and the snowflakes were from my stash.
Challenges -
Wags N Whiskers - SnowflakesBee Crafty - WinterStamptacular - Blue Blue Christmas

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Viv. Love the image and the very delicate colouring. Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Viv

    What a really specail Christmas card. The image looks lovely with inside the aperture you have created.

    Thank you for joining in at Stamptacular Sunday challenge this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite colours, just love turquoise and browny/bronze colours together. Lovely card Viv

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so sweet and it works so well! Lovely colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, love the colours :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous card! really like your colorouing with promarkers! hvae a great day! thank you so much for joining us at stamptacular this week! i'm also giving away a candy at my blog ! have a look

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! such a lovely image, gorgeous papers & punches too! Thanks fro joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation love the colouring and beautiful image.
    Thank you for joining us over at SMC
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card, love the double coloured sparkle on the girl's coat..

    ReplyDelete
  10. O I have had that same problem with embossing..its so annoying but I think you saved it wonderfully!! Very pretty card! Thanks for joining in on our blue christmas at Stamptacular
    hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I appreciate every single one!