Monday 3 February 2014

Dreams of Italy

It's been a while since I played with collage stamps and I had some pieces of linen card laying about which were cut off leftovers from other cards so decided to find stamps to fit onto the paper scraps.
I had intended to make another 'man' card when I set out as this terracotta tiled background paper I thought was great for a bloke............
don't know what happened cos THIS is definitely NOT a man card!!
It just took on a life of it's own and kind of evolved - maybe if I hadn't used up the last bit of card and stamped the face image it could have been  termed 'a man card' - but then I'd have had to leave off the ribbon and the pearls as well wouldn't I?

Hopefully though I have told a 'story' with this card - with the lady thinking about how much she loved her Italian adventure, the postcards she sent and the places she visited and how she is dreaming of a return some day soon.

Stamps all done with Versafine Sepia.
All the stamps are from different companies - a real  mixture!
I wiped some Antique Linen DI across all the images and then distressed the edges adding some Tea Dye DI.
The heart is made from wood, crackled and distressed and the card was finished off with a couple of bronze pearls and some shoestring ribbon.

Rest of the papers used on the inside.
Challenges -
OLLCB - Use a Heart
Craft Your Passion - Love
OSAAT - Anything Goes
Scribble & Scrap - Anything Goes
Ribbon Girls - Heart
Crafts & me - Use a Heart
Creative Romance - Show some Love
Fussy & Fancy - Vintage

Thanks for finding the time to look at my project for today - have a great day whatever you're doing! x

27 comments:

Kathyk said...

Some cards just get away from you like that!!! It's a very cool card the way it turned out

Kathyk

Irish Cherokee said...

I begs to differ. A man to man card no. a woman to man card yes...Possibly. I like it, I like it. The again as you know me and vintage have a thing goin' on.

Blessings

Carol Willis said...

Beautiful card Viv, and I love the little story behind the card.
Hugs
Caz x

brenda said...

Beautiful work Viv, I love that focal image, had it for years and you have prompted me to get it out for an airing.

Poor old showing yesterday, half of them didn't seem to turn up and as for that gift from Toure, the air was blue at my end.

B x

Crafty Lark said...

Love your evolved card Viv, gorgeous result. xx Flora

Netty said...

Loving your beautifully collaged card Viv, looks perfect in Sepia.
Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

A lovely classical feel to your card, very beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab design.xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and images,love the colour and story to go with it.
Sue x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Love your creation Viv. Such a lovely vintage feel to it.

Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again soon. Good luck.

Lynn, CYP DT

Céline said...

fab card, love the image
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
hugs
céline

Chriss America Real said...

Viv,

Don't you love how you sometimes start to make something and it turns into something completely different? So glad you didn't make this for a bloke...it is so soft, lovely and elegant. I am daydreaming right along with her. Just beautiful.

Thank you for playing along with the Stitchy Angel Design Team!

Hugs,

Chriss - DT- One Stitch At A Time

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful collage card Viv, I love how it evolved into this special card.
Yvonne x

Ribbon Girl said...

well whatever she's thinking about, the card is beautiful! thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl Card Challenge, Mary x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Viv
Kevin xx

CraftyGirl said...

Your card has a wonderful antique art feel! Love it!! Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Sarn said...

Ooh I love this sepia collage card Viv. Very vintage and chic.

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, I do love this style but can't seem to make them myself!!! :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

so stunning viv.fab sepia colours and i love your vintage images and design ;D

xx coops xx

Ingrid Mason said...

Oh Viv, isn't the excitement of creativity that some project use your hands to take on a life of their own ....You intended a card for a man ....This card had its own ideas and you have produced a most beautiful and interesting card for a lady. It is a stunning and very stylish card with such a lovely Dream-like quality.

Thank you for sharing this lovely card in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

Debbie Adams said...

Viv, I totally love your card and the story behind the card is just beautiful. I lived in Italy for 4 years as my husband was in the service. I loved Italy and long to go back there some day. So when I read your story it touched me inside. I can remember the streets, markets and much more. Thank you for making my day. :D
A pleasure coming to your blog and look forward to you joining our challenges at OSAAT.
Deborah OSAAT DT

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous collage Viv - love the grainy texture of the linen card and the dreamy lady image. The stamps work so well together on this Italian adventure story - LOVE it!
Sylvia xx

Jules said...

Hi Viv

.. .. .and a fabby heart you have used too. Loving the distressed look.

Great card. Lots of layers and gorgeous stamp work.

Sorry if I made you spend your crafty pennies .. .. but it is a lovely stamp! LOL!!

I hope you are having a good week.

Love Jules xx

Desire Fourie said...

So beautifully vintage. Love the monochromatic earthy tones.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Nikki Byrne said...

Such a fabulous stamped collaged card!! Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck.
Hugs

NIKKI DT

Alyx said...

Fabulous vintage card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

Berry said...

Lovely vintage work here thanks for sharing with us over at A Creative Romance Hugs Rebekah xx