Thursday 20 February 2014

Inky things

Have just sat and watched the bronze medal curling - How good was that?! Always great to see Team GB doing well - which is more than can be said for me. Still feeling grot but hopefully I will shake it off in the next few days.
Haven't really felt much like doing anything and so my share is something that was finished just when the 'dreaded lurgy' came calling!
My brain wasn't up to layouts so decided to make an 'inky' card.

The stamp set is from Inkylicious.
I stamped the lighthouse first , clear embossed and then masked it off.
Just made messy with DI's after that then overstamped the 'sand dunes' and grasses.

I made a bit of a mess of the sky I think - the darker blue shade in the middle is perhaps TOO dark but I'd already made my mind up on where the sentiment was going to be put so ignored the darker blue colour and stamped it anyway!
I used a piece of acetate to  give me the straight line for the sea instead of my usual post-it notes.
Finished with some twine and a few shells.

Challenges -
Digi Darla - Sympathy
Divas by Design - Rubber Stamps
Cards & More - Non Cute
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes

Off for a quick catch up through blogland to see what you've all been up to. Have a great day.x

25 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely scenic card Viv a lovely peaceful image

Anne

Unknown said...

Oh boy this is just gorgeous Viv, love that sentiment...is it a stamp or digi or set of one.xxx

Irish Cherokee said...

Viv, The sky is just perfecto. I wish I could do this kind of work when I was in the crapper. The sentiment in the dark area, that's life. PSSST! Come closer! BEAUTIFUL CARD! LOL.

Blessings and a prayer for getting well.

Carol Willis said...

Love this Viv, beautifully done. Hope you start to feel better soon, no fun being all lurgied-up!
Hugs
Caz x

Meggymay said...

Beautiful scene Viv and the words are lovely.
Yvonne x

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,fab design and details.xxx

coops said...

so beautiful viv.your scene is stunning and i love the sentiment ;D

xx coops xx

Pia S said...

I think this is a beautiful nautical card, love how you blended all the inks to make this scene!

Viv said...

This looks fabulous Viv, great inky scene. Oh I do hope you feel better soon, so many bugs around just now ! Viv xx

Unknown said...

Oh Viv I hope you feel better soon . Your card is delightful, how I wish I could do this technique but get frightened going freehand. Yes the curlers have done us proud and look forward to the men's final tomorrow.

Wilma x x

Mrs A. said...

What a beautiful saying you have put on this card and such a lovely design too. Bakers twine is so in keeping with the theme.
Hugs Mrs A.

Sarn said...

I think it looks FABULOUS. Lovely scene. xxx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Viv, I love the background you have created and such a beautiful sentiment too.
I do hope that you are feeling better soon.
Sue xx

Kathleen said...

What a great sentiment and a fabulous card.

Kath x

Mau xx said...

Its a lovely card Viv, how do you do it when you feel so rough!
Hope you feel 100% very soon, sorry I had missed your previous posts and creations....Wedding cakes and daughter's house packing has consumed our waking hours...lol
Hugs Mau xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is fab Viv I love these Inkylicious images and your inking is gorgeous. Susan x

Jackie said...

You've created a lovely scene and the sky is fine. We do get extremes in the real sky! Beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Viv, I love the scene you created the sentiment and the shells.
Kevin xx

Diane said...

Lovely scenic card Viv with the wonderful saying.

Hugs diane

Janice said...

What a clever card - love the beach scene, the lighthouse and the sand dunes - all very pretty - just wish the beach looked more like that today than it's usual grey! Thanks for playing at Divas, Jx

Emma said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our Anything Goes Challenge xx

An Occasional Genius said...

So beautiful Viv & a lovely sentiment. Sorry you're not feeling well hon, big hugs & get well soon xx

NickScrapShack said...

This is stunning! I love the twine and embellishment.

Also the sentiment is perfect....

Thank you for playing with us at Digi Darla this week!

Good luck
Nick

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Well, what you think is a mess out of your sky, looks like the real thing! You created a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Claudia said...

Hi Viv, this is just such a fantastic scene you created. Love also the very special and true sentiment as well as the little, but perfect embellishments.

Thank you very much for joining us at the Cards und More Challenge.

Hugs Claudia