Tuesday 11 February 2014

Love Actually????

One of the things I love most about my much loved husband is that he shares everything with me - last week he spent several days feeling decidedly poorly with some nasty coldy virally chesty thing and today I have woken up with a hacking cough and someone has kindly left a ton weight on my chest combined with an elastic band round my head! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't end up as bad as he was.......! He says 'sharing everything is 'love' actually'............

So perhaps this is NOT the best time to be sharing 'lovey dovey' cards as I feel like growling instead of being romantic and sentimental - but it is OH's birthday on valentine's Day and this was originally made with him in mind but have decided to share it now - !
This is a take on a Christmas card really.. differences being that I have used plain white textured card instead of glitter card for the tree and where the little red bauble was hanging I have replaced it with a red heart.
Oh and instead of torn paper at the bottom to resemble snow I have used a scrap of Kraft  -

In fact I have no idea why I have told you all this cos when you read that they're nothing like each other!! LOL General idea was the same anyway!

Just used up a few leftovers from other projects and a sentiment stamped in Versafine Sepia ink -am quite happy with it!

Challenges -
Card Mania - Love is all around
Love 2 Create - Red
OLLCB - Use a heart (#2)
Glitter n Sparkle - Add some Red
Red Carpet Studios - Love Actually
Cardz 4 Guyz - Truly, madly, deeply
Tuesday Throwdown - Valentine's

Sadly the weather here is reflecting my misery! It's wet (again) and we have had some hailstones/sleet in the last few minutes - a day to stay (feeling sorry for myself) in the craft room I think!! x

29 comments:

Julie B said...

Love this simple but very effective design. Hope you are feeling better soon. It's been snowing here this morning.
Thanks for sharing over at Cardz4Guyz. :)

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Viv.
Sorry you are feeling yuk.
Stay warm,hugs Sue x

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love the simplicity of your card Viv....your little red heart really stands out

Anne

brenda said...

Another very inspiration make Viv. Fell better soon - I am thinking it was all that cheering that gave you the cough ?

B x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Viv oh gosh I can sympathise with you I had a nasty virus must of Dec/Jan but I passed onto my DH! Hope you feel better soon. Fabulous card love the simplicity of it and such a good design. It has been another lovely day here today after a bit of a shaky start. Susan xx

Irish Cherokee said...

When I saw this I was thinking I wouldn't mind getting this one. When you said it was for your hubby my reaction was YAY! Men, for the most part anyway, don't like to show their feelings. SECRET: He will love it.
Here are a few suggestions to make you feel better. Watch reruns of your fav teams winning games. Put up a dart board with the picture of someone you can't stand and use it frequently. Keep a 5 kilo pot of hot chocolate and 5 kilo's of chocolates near at hand to eat as the urge arises. Smile

Blessings

Cazro said...

Hi Viv, Hope you are feeling better soon, that's the problem when your OH shares everything with you. Such a lovely card to start off our romantic week, I love the ~CAS effect, most striking. Thanks for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous,love the design.x

Sue said...

Such a fabulous card Viv, I really love the design.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Sue xx

Kathleen said...

Lovely card, the little red heart looks fab just hanging on the tree.

Kath x

Di said...

Great card Viv! Perfect for the germ spreader :) I've made single heart dangling from tree cards and they really do look so effective.

Get well soon chick - it's busy in the Playground building this 'ere Ark and maybe you could stand and stir the big barrel of pitch tar - that'd sort your chest out toot sweet :)

Hugs, from afar 'cos I don't want the lurgy - Di xx

Meggymay said...

Beautiful classy card Viv. Hope you feel better soon.
Yvonne

Jackie said...

Oh that's just how I feel at the moment Viv, didn't go to work ;ast night and won't be going tonight either, getting no sleep with the hacking cough!!! Hope you are soon feeling better, hugs.
I love thie simplicity of this fabulous card :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Love this card Viv. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope you make a speedy recovery xxx

Kimbo said...

Just perfect Viv, especially the corrugated card. Hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz x

OlgaB said...

Wow I just love this. Thank you for joining Glitter 'n Sparkle challenge.
Hugs from Africa
Olga DT G'nS

Wyvern said...

Thanks for sharing this over at Red Carpet Studios. I love the neutrals with that pop of red. Simplicity at it's finest.
Angela

Paper Junkie said...

Hope he loves the card and hope you are better soon. X

Viv said...

Such a great card Viv, oh you do make me laugh too lol ;) Viv xx

Unknown said...

Lovely CAS card! The pop of red looks awesome!
Thank you for joining our Color Challenge over at Love to Create Challenges this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

JayBe said...

Super cute, Viv - love the little hanging red heart. Thanx for sharing at Cardz 4 Guys.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

coops said...

this is so stunning viv.fabulous design :D

xx coops xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Viv, such an effective design. Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, hope you can shake the lurgy off soon
Claire xx

Daniele said...

such a simple but effective card, so glad you joined us at OLL
hugs

Anne said...

Totally stunning card Viv! Love that corrugated ground, think it must be ruts in all the mud that is everywhere...
Hope you are on the mend
Anne
x
PS Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week, hope you'll check out our new challenge on Monday.
Hugs
Anne

Pat said...

A lovely card Viv and just that bit different. I love the die cut tree and the hanging heart, and the ridged Kraft card looks good. Hope you that you don't get any worse and are soon on the mend. x

mixamatoasties said...

Simply beautiful card.

Thanks for sharing at Love to Create.

Susan

Alli Devine said...

The simple elegance of this card is just stunning thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Challenges
Alli x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Vic with the simplicity of it all and that corrugated kraft and heart looks awesome..xx