Friday 8 August 2014

Purple

Came home late Tuesday, washed on Wednesday, ironed Thursday and am off back to the Midlands again today! In between I DID manage to catch up on a few blogs but if yours was one I didn't get round to visiting I will be back middle next week and will come calling!

This was a quickie card made for no other reason than I had determined that I was going to make SOMETHING before I went away again.

Have also been trying recently of using coloured inks to stamp with rather than the normal black and brown.

I love this old stamp. It was one of the very first I bought and it stamps really well with any type of ink.
I used Dusty Concord DI as it was the nearest colour I had to the purple striped cardstock.
The sentiment is from an SU set and I added a few sparklies before finishing it all off with some polka dot ribbon.

Quite happy with the result and this is one that will go into the stash box - will probably do a few more on similar lines in different colours as I have quite a collection of striped card!

Challenges -
Mema's - Anything Goes
Creatalicious - Monochrome
Sweet Pea Stampers - Thinking of You
Aud Sentiments - Thinking of You
Crafty Creations - Flower
Penny's paper Crafty - Anything Goes

So it's off to the 'delights' of the M6 motorway for me - will be back next week! x

25 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

I love the purple Viv...and the stamps look fantastic. So nice to make a card - just because!
Dot x

Jan said...

Stunning card Viv love the colours xx Jan

vic said...

Beautiful card viv love the coloured inks :)
Have a lovely day
Vic x

Paper Junkie said...

Just catching up with your blog Viv and the beautiful samples I've been missing. Love the baby shoes card - so pretty and it has given me an idea for ballet shoes for a certain young lady's birthday - so thank you! X

Carole said...

Viv..I love this!...and it reminds me I might have this stamp on wood hidden away somewhere...must revisit those wooden stamps. I think the additon of the little gems just finishes it off. Safe travels xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv, I like the stamping and the colours
Kevin xx

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Craft's. PennyRae DT

Sue said...

My fav colour Viv,love your card.
Sue x

Suze Bain said...

Love these tones of burgundy Viv, a lovely card. Xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Viv, love the stamping in colour.
Yvonne x

Jackie said...

What a busy life you do lead, and what a gorgeous card. I have three different agapanthus stamps and this one is my favourite :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Its a beautiful card Viv, love the purple and little gems too! Susan x

debby4000 said...

Such a beautiful card Viv
luv
Debby

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv and such beautiful colours....

Anne

Sarn said...

SUPER card Viv. Love that stamp (another one that we BOTH own!) - I also love Dusty Concord! Great mind think alike!

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Papercrafting Princess said...

Simply Beautiful! Thanks for joining August Anything Goes challenge at Memas Crafts. Princess – DT Member

Lozzy said...

What a gorgeous card, love your design and colours, really pretty...Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x DT

Unknown said...

Really like your card.

Its great to still use stamps that you have had for ages isnt it.

Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments,hope we see you again soon.

Tracey DTxx

MIE(Mieko) said...

Beautiful card! Love the stamp. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
Mieko xx

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an elegant card.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

coops said...

so stunning viv.i love the plum colour and gorgeous stamp :D

xx coops xx

Pat said...

This is so elegant Viv and love the polka dots with the stripes and this dusty concord ink goes really well with this pretty stamp. Sounds like you are really busy at the moment but hope life calms down a bit for you soon. Take care. x

sallysbitz2 said...

Gorgeous card, lovely stamp and great colour x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Mrs A. said...

Love this card so stylish and also the green one below. Hugs Mrs A.

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Sweet Pea Stampers thinking of you etc challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT (Sorry I am so late with my comment but I have been away from home with limited internet access) x