Monday 22 September 2014

Champagne!

Did you all think I'd left the country??? Well you're right, I Have!!! 3 whole weeks to be exact - currently sunning myself and chilling out with the odd glass or two of wine in 30 degrees of heat!
Typed this post up before I left and have just added challenges and stuff to it now I have a good internet connection - a commissioned card to share made for an anniversary for a friend's relative.
Still using up the paper stash and I am now soooo proud of myself that it has been almost 6 months since I bought a paper pad!!! Am still in danger of being buried under the paper mountain in the craft room and don't seem to have made any difference to the pile even though I have been trying to use it!

This card used a sheet of paper from the 'Exquisite' Pad by Papermania. This I think is only the second sheet I have used from this old pad!
Distressed the edges and then ran some Antique Linen DI round.
I used a paper doily and tucked some scripted vellum behind, then wrapped a piece of white organza ribbon round the card, layered some maroon satin ribbon on top and added a scrap of ric rac braid.

Next layer was a piece from Prima 'Fairy Rhymes' pad before topping off with the drunken mice!
I put some Stickles round the edge of the image and also on the champagne bubbles.
Finished with some pearls, a few flowers from my stash and a silver champagne glass charm.
Inside decorated to match.

Challenges -
Crafty Little Fairies - Sparkle & Bling
Card Mania - Doily
Sisterhood Snarky Stampers - D for distressing
Sweet Pea - Creatures Great and Small
Wags n Whiskers - Furry Friends
Alphabet - P for Pretty Petals
ABC - Flowers/Sentiment/Doily

Thanks for looking - apologies from me if I don't get round to visiting you all for the next couple of weeks - promise to play catch up again when I get back to England! x

35 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Viv love your image and embellishments and well done for not being tempted to buy more paper pads wish I could do the same...

Anne

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I love the image.
Kevin xx

Pamellia said...

What a beautiful card Viv!! I hope you are having a fantastic vacation! Have a pina colada for me! hugs :)

Carole said...

This is lovely Viv......love the little wine glass charm and all the other detail.I bet they are thrilled with it.You have been busy while I have been sunning myself...some super cards.Enjoy the rest of your hol! xx

Lindsey said...

Such a pretty combination of papers and elements! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, great layout and I have used that image many times and I still love it.
Have a good holiday.

Kath x

Blossom Cards said...

lovely image thanks for sharing with Sweet pea stampers this week Rachel dt

Blossom Cards said...

lovely sweet image thanks for sharing with sweet pea stampers this week Rachel dt

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card Viv. Hope you enjoy your holiday.
Yvonne x

Canonbury creations said...

Beautiful card Viv, love all the torn edges and what a great image :-) enjoy your holiday
Val x

Irish Cherokee said...

WOW! That card must weigh a kilo. LOL. It is a beauty Viv. Really nicely done. Must be enjoying the quiet and peace. GOOD. - Jim

paper fun said...

Very pretty. You have used such gorgeous embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card. Believe it or not, it is more than 5 years since I bought any papers, and I still haven't used up my stash after giving some to friends! Maybe it's because I forget to use papers on my cards LOL. :o)
Jackie xx

Suze Bain said...

A gorgeous card Viv, what a great image and your halo,is glowing for using your stash! Have a fab holiday. Xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I love these LOTV mice wish they did more! Love the little glass charm. Sounds like you are having fun - enjoy!! Susan x

Sarn said...

You can go off people you know Viv! All that heat and sun . . . turned blinking COLD here . . .I mean I had to wear gloves this morning as the steering wheel was soooooo cold driving into WORK today!

Hurrumph!

Oh, your card? Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Carry on tanning!
Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. Thank you so much for sharing at Sweet Pea Stampers. We wish you good luck and we hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

Bridie said...

Gorgeous card, I love the vintage look

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Hugs from

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Jacee said...

What a fabulous card Viv, love the layout but those little mice are so adorable, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Enjoy your hol... Sounds as if you are.... Fabulous card....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Beautiful! I love the doily and the layers. Such pretty flowers too. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card once again with stunning colour combo and love the added beauties.xxThe Journey is the Start

Chris Dring said...

Viv, this is absolutely stunning! Hope you are having a great time on vacation! (I know I am. I'm at the beach on vaca as I type! LOL!) Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

coops said...

so stunning viv.beautiful soft details and colours and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

vic said...

Viv this is just beautiful love the vintage shabby look it's gorgeous :)
Hugs
Vic x

Viv said...

Oooh Viv thsi is sooo gorgeous. Enjoy your holiday too, bet you are loving it ;)hugs Viv xx

The Little Stamper said...

A beautiful card and I love the subtle bling that you have added. It is a perfect compliment to your lovely colouring. Thanks for sharing at CLF.

Sharon x

Mojca said...

Waw this looks really pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

Donna said...

Fab card, love the cascading champagne! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for the "D is for Distressing" challenge!!

Sally Dodger said...

Love these mice images from LOTV, they are so cute and you have coloured it so effectively. Your papers and embellishments are fab and the champagne glass charm is great. Sally D.x.

Little K Smith said...

WOW! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Little Fairies with this beautiful creation! I hope you can join us this month too!
Kelly.x

Evie said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge.

KalySto said...

Such a sweet mice band and a beautiful project!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Card Mania Challenge!
Smiles, Kaly

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with us at SOSS for the D is for Distressing.

Karen Schroeder said...

Fantstic distressing! Your card is so beautifu: The champagne charm rocks! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our D is for Distress challenge!