Saturday 13 December 2014

Frosty

Title of this post describes the scene outside here this morning - beautiful - all sparkly white with a thick frost - (even the cars have turned white and blended into the landscape!) and a glorious clear blue sky - although the window up here on the top floor hasn't yet defrosted so I feel a bit like I am sitting in a white cave!
Am sharing another white card made up with odd bits of sparkly paper which I've been hoarding - (see previous post!)
Quick and easy - and because I wanted to get all sorted early it has made me use up quite a bit of christmas stuff this year although the 'seasonal stash' area is still overflowing. How did I accumulate all this stuff? I had a mega clear out 18 months ago when we moved and I swear I haven't bought any new Christmas stuff since but still I have tons of papers!

White snowflake vellum background (which is really pretty and I know why I didn't use it before now!).

Wrapped some sparkling white organza ribbon around and added a bow. Stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of vellum and clear embossed, adding a couple of tiny sparklies then tucked it underneath the bow.

Three snowflakes  die cut from glitter card and more blingy - and finished! (Card is now adorning my neighbour's mantelpiece - she thought it was really nice!)

Challenges -
Allsorts - White Christmas
City Crafter - Glittering Snowflakes
Opus Gluei - Let It Snow
Fussy and Fancy - Snowflakes and Ribbon
Crafty Catz - Last Minute Christmas
Crafty Creations - Die Cuts

Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

26 comments:

Bonnie said...

This makes me want to go make some snowflakes! Such a pretty card!

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeously festive. Loving the sparkle and variety of snowflakes.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Carole said...

Lovely card Viv! I like the vellum background and the lovely snowflakes. Doesn't it feel good to use up stash.........even if it's a drop in the ocean!!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Viv, the snowflakes look so pretty and I love the sparkle.
Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

Superb. Love all those snowflake shapes. Hugs Mrs A.

Jan said...

This is beautiful Viv xx Jan

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card and lovely snowflakes, pretty paper too.
Very thick frost here too this morning.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Viv. I love white on white
Kevin xx

Electra said...

I agree, your white on white is very pretty! Those snowflakes are just lovely! Thanks for playing along with us for our snow challenge at Opus Gluei!

Jackie said...

Stunning card Viv, and that paper is beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

So pretty Viv, I love that beautiful vellum paper. Susan x

Sarn said...

"Really nice"? It's more than that Viv, it's a STUNNER. Very classy and very glitzy. LOVE it xxx

coops said...

so gorgeous and sparkly viv and i love your pretty snowflakes ;D

xx coops xx

Wendy L said...

A gorgeous card and the shiny snowflakes really stand out, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Stella said...

CAS also means chic and stylish did you know that? This is lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Chat Noir said...

Ahhh...these snowflakes are so beautiful that I almost wish it snowed here. Almost!! Love the background paper. Thanks for joining in our "Let it snow" challenge at Opus Gluei.

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!!Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB :-)

Jacee said...

Lovely design Viv
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh so pretty, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Heather said...

This is a beautiful card and perfect for using up those fancy papers. I just moved also and thought I'd gotten rid of a LOT, but I still have so much. I tend to hoard my papers LOL Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Creations.

aussie aNNie said...

Adorably creation lovely dies and your W.O.W. colours are beautiful.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB this week!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty....

Mary Lou said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for joining in the fun Snowflakes and ribbon challenge at Fussy and Fancy!! Best of luck:)
Hugs and Happiness

Nathalie said...

So chic christmas card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie DT

Vannessa said...

This is just so pretty! Love it! Thank you for joining in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge this time. Hope to see you again!

Hugs, Vannessa
Fussy and Fancy Friday DT