Wednesday 16 December 2015

Another try!

Following on from my confession about Kraft card (here if you want to read), I sat for a little while looking at the little (??) stack of nondescript colour card which I bought 'cos it seemed like a 'good idea' at the time.
I have recently acquired yet another Christmas stamp (I need these like I need a hole in the head) but it was a bargain in a sale - so was determined that this one wasn't going to get put away uninked - like two I bought last year and several I bought the year before that.......
Stamped it and heat embossed in white.
Flipped it over, masked off the flower and stamped/embossed a few more stars across the top of the card leaving a space.
I coloured the flower with Fired Brick DI and used Mowed Lawn DI on the leaves/stem.
Heat embossed the sentiment which was a freebie with a mag.
Matted it onto dark red card and used another sheet of the (boring) cardstock for the base card.
Quite pleased with this - altho' am still not going to say I like Kraft!! (Not yet anyway.....)

Challenges -
City Crafter - Heat Embossing
PB & More - A/goes with a stamp
OSAAT - A/Goes with Red

Am off to do a bit more food shop for the Club Christmas dinner on Saturday - so thanks  for taking the time to call in and Ill catch up with you all later! x

18 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv I love the use of kraft card for Christmas and I've made several cards this year using it..your bargain Christmas stamp is lovely...we cant resist a bargain can we? lol..

Anne

brenda said...

I'm much the same with Karat Viv, buy it but rarely use it. I do think white works very well on it though.

B x

brenda said...

Straight back again Viv to say thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge this month with your pretty card.

B x

Carole said...

Hi Viv. I like the white embossing on the Kraft card...but like you I am not 100% in love with Kraft and have some that sits there.
Bargain stamps are a must...in fact any crafty bargain must not be left for someone else...hence...we all have piles of unused stuff!! Enjoy the dinner.

Kathleen said...

I am so with you about the purchase of Christmas stamps, I swear blind I will not buy any more but......
Glad you bought this one though, I love it, the card is fabulous.
Just read Brenda's first post and had a giggle couldn't decided if it karate or kraft, don't tell though as she may knock me off the Allsosrts team and I know she struggles with her hands.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Fantastic card Viv, the new stamp looks great.
Yvonne xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous card...I personally love Kraft... Stunning card...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Jackie said...

We all do it Viv LOL.
What a beautiful card, I love the poinsetties image :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Oh that is LOVELY Viv. xxx

Contagiously Crafty said...

What a perfectly lovely card. I really enjoy the spots of color - great contrast. So glad to have found you through City Crafter Challenge blog.

Viv said...

Fab card Viv,glad you used your new stamp too! I have too much unused stuff too lol. I love kraft card,just not got much so I keep stroking it mainly! Wishing you a very Happy Christmas ☺ hugs Viv xx

Marina said...

How can you not like kraft when you do such beautiful things with it? The white embossing and pretty colouring really lifts it away from the cardboard box look!I enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

Lee said...

Well,it's a Beautiful card.Happy Christmas.xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Viv, a wonderful sentiment and great design.
Pauline
x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh so gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Sall said...

Loving this, a gorgeous style and detailed card. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us at OSAAT this fortnight, I hope you have enjoyed playing along as much as we have enjoyed seeing your talent. Love 'n' hugs Sall OSAAT DT.

Whisper said...

Oooo i so love what you have done with the image on kraft card and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, luv Sam x

Whisper said...

Ooooo WOW this is stunning and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x