Saturday 9 April 2016

April snow!

Was a lovely morning then suddenly at about 6pm it began to ..... SNOW!!! Can't believe it - it's the Club's SUMMER Opening Day tomorrow and we had snow tonight! Thankfully it didn't stick but I wish Spring would hurry up and show it's face.

I am a bit of a 'lurker' at a challenge blog called 'The Card Concept'. I love the inspiration given by the DT who have a diverse range of styles and limitless ideas!

I have occasionally entered their challenges - this week I wanted to enter 'cos not only is it their 2nd Birthday but also because I really liked the photo!

So keeping the music script and the blingy in my mind I set to and made a card based on another I had made as a commission for a friend some time ago to give to a pianist friend who was going through a bad time.

The stamp set is I think by Hero Arts and I have had it for years!
Just kept clean lines and sufficient white space to satisfy the CAS look I think.
 I used white linen card for the base and the blingy is from my stash.
The original photo is here and hope I have done it justice!

As I used up odd bits for the stamped large spotty circle and the smaller script circle and a larger off cut for the music paper I am sneaking into the Playground after lights out and seeing if there's any mischief I can get up to then blame someone else!

It's been nice having this time at home recently. I had forgotten how therapeutic it is sitting here cutting up bits of paper and opening ink pads!

Am making up for the summer months and me being absent again by posting as often as I can now!
Thanks for looking today! x  


21 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is stunning! I really like your patterned paper choices...adds so much elegance.

Cara said...

I love the flourish and the way it morphs through the different backgrounds and that little bling accent is just scrummy. Cara x

Christine said...

I love the elegant script of the sentiment and the array of gorgeous papers you were inspired to use. Such a pretty card!

Stamps and Paper said...

Super card Viv....we've had sunshine and hail here today really strange weather

Anne

Jenni's Jems said...

Aw Big this is soooo elegant !!x

Kathleen said...

Great design and love the papers and the monochromatic effect.

Kath x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Viv, love it!
Wendy xx

Meggymay said...

Its a lovely design and colour combination on your beautiful card Viv.
Yvonne xx

Dora said...

Elegant! Beautiful

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv, I love the design
Kevin xx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful! Love the elegant papers and stamps you chose. Thanks for joining us over at The Card Concept!

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE your creation, so beautiful and classy looking love the colours too.xx
 {aNNie}

sandie said...

So pleased you had time to join us at The Card Concept and your card is a fabulous mix of papers and bling, great card x

Sarn said...

That's a stunner Viv. I love that neutral colour palette and the composition of the card. All round fabulousness.

SNOW!? What the . . .

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Terrific card Viv - really stylish! And of course great use of snippets too. If you die cut the circles you could also enter into Cuttlebug Mania as it's 'Monochrome' over there right now.

Off to hunt round the Playground now to see what mischief you go up to!

Hugs

Di xx

Carole said...

Great take on the photo Viv...I like how you have reversed the scroll colour on the corresponding papers...fab design, cleverly thought out!

Pat said...

This is a great interpretation of the photo Viv and I love your music paper with the script and dots and then the pretty flourish and pearl bling. A nice flourishy script for the sentiment too. x

Claire said...

Love how you took so much gorgeous inspiration from the photo - I really wanted a spot of bling on my card but couldn't work out where to put it!

coops said...

So stylish Viv.Really love the design and fab mix of papers ;D

xx coops xx

Pia S said...

I think your choice of colors and patterns make this clean card look super elegant and a bit vintage, it certainly has the feel of the photo. I think it's gorgeous.

Barb said...

What a beautiful and elegant card. Barbxx