Friday 8 April 2016

Maybe not CAS enough?

Have had a week of doing lots of bitty stuff.... and feeling like I haven't really achieved anything! Made inky messy and a few background panels but then Mr Mojo went walkabout so they're all here piled on the desk looking very sad!
Made a Birthday Card last night for a friend tho' - so will share it.

First Confession - I do not like yellow!
Second Confession - I think this looks OK!
Third Confession - I wanted this to be CAS but am not sure it is CAS enough!

Used SU's Daffodil Delight ink for the wood stamp (also SU), for the flower heads (Clearly Besotted) and the greeting.
Green stems/tiny leaves inked in Certainly Celery.
Some twine and a couple of pearls - all done!


Even better, I used up some yellow card which has been laying about for ages!
I am trying to be a little more adventurous with using different coloured inks for stamping and to everyone out there who has given me inspiration to leave the black ink alone and do something different - thank you!

Challenges
Cardz 4 Galz- Springtime
Double D - Yellow
CASology - Cue Word 'Sprout'
CAS on Sunday - Flowers

It actually feels like Spring here today - some blue sky for a change (although the temperatures are not up to much!). Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

22 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

I think your card is perfect for a CAS card

Anne

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Viv and love the colour's have a lovely week end
Dianne xx :)

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is lovely!! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing along at Double D Challenge!

Carole said...

Well I like it Viv! hats off to you for using different inks....maybe I should try that instead of black! As you don't like yellow why not try it again in a different colour...you may just fall in love with it then ?? Anyway I am sure your friend will be thrilled with it. have a good weekend.xx

Pat said...

This is beautiful and so elegant Viv and I love that sunny yellow, a really cheery colour, and the way everything matches. x

Darlene said...

Oh Viv I think you are being too hard on yourself! This is lovely! The design is awesome and it's so well put together! Personally ... I think it's a wonderful card! (of course, I like yellow ... lol)
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘YELLOW’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card Viv and just love your chosen colours...have a great weekend.xx
 {aNNie}

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and colours.xxx

Loll said...

Beautiful card Viv. Always good to branch out with colours ... this yellow is so fresh and bright. Your friend will love this card. xx

Diane said...

I think you card is beautiful and classy!! I love it!! Thank you for joining us at Double D for our 'Yellow' challenge!
Diane DD DT

Sherrie M. said...

Love the flowers peeking out of your window. Very pretty card Viv! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Lee said...

Beautiful Elegant card Viv.Happy Weekend.xx

Cara said...

I have to confess that I'm not a big fan of yellow, but that particular shade is warm rather than dayglo. Lovely card, the wood looks great in that colour. Cara x

Kathleen said...

Well I think that this is CAS enough and a gorgeous card.
To be honest I am just getting into yellow, maybe it is because I wish Summer would hurry up and arrive, the weather, not the months, time go by so fast as it is, and I also have some SU Daffodil card and ribbon that I have had for ages and thought it was time I used it, made a card today actually.
Have a good weekend.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Viv!!
Kevin xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I really like this Viv, especially the flower framed by the die cut. A lovely CAS card :)X

Sarn said...

I really like the look of this card Viv. It's sunshiny and the composition is terrific.

Have a great weekend mate.

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Ardyth said...

Ah, the eternal struggle of CAS! There is defintely lots of white space around your pretty flower, which I think qualifies it as CAS-enough for CASology. It's easy to go so CAS that a card could be boring - we all (even the DT!) struggle with this balance each week - you've done very well with this sunny, warm card! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Viv said...

Great card Viv,yes it does look CAS! I am not keen on yellow either but I do love this one I must admit. I may try using more yellow now ;) hugs Viv xx

Pia S said...

Personally I love yellow. Don't see many yellow cards around though. It's a lovely design, especially impressive as you don't like the color. To me it's CAS, but I'm having doubts myself sometimes on how much white space there needs to be and how little embellishment. But I feel this is within the safe zone.

Julie B said...

A perfectly CAS springtime card Viv.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Galz. :)

Cazro said...

A beautiful spring card, loving the design. No black in sight, well done Viv. Thanks for joining our Springtime challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT