Monday 11 April 2016

Sunshine!

My worst fears were not realised thankfully and yesterday was a lovely bright and sunny day - even though it was cold!
 My blog followers will remember me saying that I didn't have any sympathy cards in my stash when I needed one and I have made quite a few since my tiled effort here.

Sharing another one today and I have now got a small obsession with white embossing and watercolouring - so there's likely to be a few more in a similar vein!

There was something quite therapeutic in making a card which I hope is all about serenity and simplicity.

The stamp is one of the very first sets I bought and am not sure if the company is still in existence.
It's seen ink only rarely which is a shame as it could be used for lots of occasions not just condolence (note to self - make a batch of CAS note cards with this stamp set!)

I used Dusty Concord Distress Ink for the SU sentiment and watercolour pastels for the flower.
Can I say that I like it? I do like it! (Although my watercolouring of the leaves mightn't be the best!!!)

Challenges
CAS on Sunday - Flowers
CASology - Key Word 'Sprout'
Just Add Ink - Sympathy
Allsorts - Purple Passion
Stampin Boutique - Flowers
Simply Create Too - Purple + Green

Thanks again to everyone who visits and leaves comments. Really appreciate you all! x

24 comments:

brenda said...

Just catching up from our few day's away (and break from the internet), very elegant card and so fit for purpose Viv, cracking result yesterday, bet the atmosphere was good, thought abut you.

B x

Sarn said...

That is so serene and pretty Viv. I really want to go and white emboss something now . . . but am stuck at work with nothing to do (hence commenting on blogs at the mo!).

Hugs, Darn Sarn xxx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is really lovely! I love the softness of your flower against all that white space. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv and just the love softness of your cololurs...

Anne

aussie aNNie said...

Great to see your cards on a roll again Viv, beautiful design here and pretty colours.xx
 {aNNie}

Carole said...

Love this Viv....so delicate and pretty...says it all. Note to self...must try white embossing.....why do we always talk to ourselves?

Melissa said...

So pretty, Viv! I love the soft colors and I think your watercoloring is just perfect! :)
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Susan said...

Very pretty delicate card. Love it! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Cara said...

A very serene sympathy card, love the delicate colours. Cara x

coops said...

Simply beautiful Viv.The delicate flowers are gorgeous.

xx coops xx

Pia S said...

Nothing wrong in being happy with a card. I think we all make those that make our heart jump a little extra, and those that don't too....
I've made a few cards trying watercoloring, next I'll think of going with white embossing powder, love the softness it gives....

Kathleen said...

Beautiful, love it.

Kath x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Viv, I like your design, Thank you for joining in with us this week at Allsorts, good luck.
Kevin xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Viv, love the white embossing and water colouring.
Wendy xx

Rochelle Blok said...

Thats really beautiful Viv! Love all the white space and then the gorgeous flower. Perfect for a sympathy card. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Loll said...

Love the softness of white embossing on white card with delicate colours for watercolouring. Perfect for a sympathy card Viv. xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab image and colours.xxx

Darnell said...

I'm pretty sure this is going to end up as the inspiration photo in the Crafting Dictionary next to Serenity and Simplicity, Viv! I, too, love watercoloring and white embossing (well, in the reverse order) so you can keep 'em coming as far as I'm concerned!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

KimB said...

The water colouring really keeps your image so soft yet lets it pop against the white Viv! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jules said...

Hi Viv

A lovely technique and a great finished card - my least favourite type of card to make, but sadly needed (and far too often these days).

I bet that stamp is going to get much more use now .. .. as well as the technique.

Hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

pinky said...

Stunning effect, so loving this gorgeous card Viv.

Dora said...

This is so elegant card. Beautiful.

Pat said...

This is a beautiful CAS sympathy card Viv and I love the pretty sentiment font and love that purple colour with the white embossing, looks great! x

Linby said...

I love how delicate this is - I must try this, I've done a messier version i.e. not kept in the lines LOL!