Tuesday 14 November 2017

Golden

Carrying on with the Christmas makes whilst I have been able to. Production now halted as I have two more Presentations in the next few days!
Another quickie card really -
Stamp is from the Wonder Collection by Penny Black.
This card was the second attempt and was inspired by Pinterest.

I originally stamped with metallic ink onto the dark grey base card.
The result was a rather pale and sad looking tree which could hardly be seen.

By the time I had decided it needed embossing I had already removed the stamp from the Misti so didn't chance trying to position it in the exact same place on the grid - mainly cos I couldn't remember where exactly it was in the first place!

So - another piece of card used (not that it made any difference to the paper mountain).
Stamped the middle tree first then gold embossed, repositioned the stamp twice more and gold embossed.
This time you can actually see the trees!
A Simple embossed sentiment, matted onto gold mirri card and a gold thread bow finished it off.

This is a card that I can't quite make my mind up about. Am unsure about the flat background - this dark grey is not a favourite!
Might try on a blue background with silver... or might even buy some black pearlised paper (cos there's none of that in the paper mountain) and redo in gold.
Hoping that you all are happy in your own little part of blogland - will see you all later in the week! x
Challenges -
CCC - Anything Christmas
Crafty Catz - No Patterned Papers
Cardz 4 Guyz - Oh Christmas Tree

15 comments:

Carole said...

I think this looks stunning Viv, the gold really stands out! I know what you mean about the paper mountain and it's a bit the same ribbon...have tons...but never just the right colour!! xx

Barb said...

I think it's a beautiful and very elegant card Viv. I love the gold trees. Barbxx

Kathleen said...

Those trees look really gorgeous in the gold, I do not think it looks too flat but if you are not happy with it why not try it on a smaller card, maybe 5 x 5 square card and see what you think to that. The gold ribbon and the sentiment does break up the background and all eyes will go to those fabulous trees.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

This looks gorgeous Viv a real stylish card.
Yvonne xx

Katrina Bufton said...

Beautiful card, the gold embossing looks stunning.
Katrina x

Sarn said...

Well I, for one, think it looks GORGEOUS.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cara said...

I love how stylish this is x

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge.

Helen x

Mrs A. said...

I think it looks very swish with the grey background. The trees look fab. A lovely classy card. Hugs Mrs A.

Viv said...

Well I think it looks very classy Viv, love it esp. that gold embossing too ;) hugs Viv xx

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Janis, Design Team Member

aussie aNNie said...

Viv one fabulous card with the embossing in gold.xx[aNNie]🎄

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A very classy and elegant card Viv. I love it's simplicity and the gold stands out beautifully against the black background. Wishing you a happy and colourful weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Mac Mable said...

Just popping in to say that your card is so eye catching. Love the fabulous gold embossing and the black card base is stunning with it x

sarascloset said...

Wow! This card is STUNNING! I love the gold against that steely background! How elegant! Thank you for taking your time to stop by and leave a comment on my blog yesterday! hugs!