Monday 20 November 2017

Star

A bit of using up the paper mountain here!
I have had these heavyweight papers for ages - I bought them at a local fair several years ago - in fact I bought a pack with pastel colours and a lady who I have never met bought a pack of dark colours and we sat on the floor (no seats -  the place was packed) and divided up the two packs as neither of us wanted the whole one!

Needless to say as is usual with me, I used a couple of them and then the rest got packed away.
Found them whilst looking for pale blue card!

The star is from SU. I have used it a lot and is probably one of my more sensible Christmas Stamp buys.

I used Versa Magic 'Aquatic Splash' ink - it was a great colour match with the papers - and clear embossed.

I didn't buy the dies that matched the stamp set as I thought they were very expensive - and after all even I couldn't mess up cutting round a star shape.... (the second layer hides the bit I took out of the bottom star)
A little bit of glitter round the edges and dotted here and there and assembled when dry.
The script die was another indulgence - first time of use.......
Another card finished!
Challenges -
Crafting w/Dragonflies - Non Trad card with bling
Sweet Stampers - Christmas
Monochrome Magic - Anything Goes

I finished my round of County Presentations last Saturday. I have taken the battery out of the bathroom scales after all the food I have eaten at these lunches and dinners.
I only have 4 more duties left before I hand over the chain of office at the end of February. My year has almost finished!
There is one more event for me before Christmas - the Ladies National Presentation this weekend. The BIG ONE! Long frock, high heels and gold nails! Oh and yes - the speech to millions present - eek!!
Looking forward to having a bit of 'me' time in December!
Enjoy your week whatever you're doing and thanks for visiting! x

13 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Viv, I love the colour choice. Great idea to split the pastel and dark packs. xx

Sarn said...

BEAUTIFUL starry card Viv. Have lots of fun at THE BIG ONE (and maybe a stiff drink before you have to make your speech!).

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Wynn said...

Love the card Viv CAS but stylish. Hope the speech goes well. I would wait til after it’s over before you hit the bottle lol. Have fun and thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafting with Dragonflies Wynn DT

Lisa J said...

Totally Beautiful. Thank you for playing along with me this month. Lisa Monochrome Magic

Kathleen said...

Great use of the lovely papers and two great dies.
Enjoy what is left of your year in office, bet it has been hard work but I expect you have enjoyed every minute of it.

Kath x

Cara said...

This is so elegant and I did smile at your tale of swapping the papers. Enjoy dressing up and I hope the speech goes well. You won't know what to do with all your free time come February x

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful card -- I love the blue and white color combo and the extra sparkle you added!

Pat said...

This is a gorgeous card Viv and I love the pretty papers and the stamped star is so glittery and has beautiful dimension, and a great sized sentiment too. Enjoy the last few weeks of your time in office and I'm sure it has been a lot of hard work, but of the enjoyable kind, and you will miss the buzz. I know how it feels to stand up in front of a lot of people as I do some solo singing, but if you know what you are going to say, or sing in my case, just take a deep breath, relax and enjoy it. What I do is to look around the room so you look engaged but don't look anyone directly in the eye as this can cause you to lose concentration if that makes sense...lol. x

Kuni said...

What a wonderful christmas card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

aussie aNNie said...

Cool colours and lovely card.x[aNNie]🎄

Viv said...

Such a gorgeous Xmas card Viv and I love that soft pretty colour & sparkly star too.Wow I can't believe your year is almost over already.You have had such a fab time I know by all your pics. Looking forward to seeing your next pic too...oooh gold nails, bet your dress is great too ;) hugs Viv xx

Barb said...

A beautiful starry card Viv and the papers are really pretty. Barbxx

Marlene Bonetti said...

Hello Viv
Your card is so beautiful! I love the soft colors and the big star as centerpiece.
Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Sweet Stampers Challenge.
Hugs Marlene