Wednesday 21 February 2018

Inky Happiness

Some free time saw me get out the inks and watercolour card. It was really nice to make my fingers different colours!
I have many stamps.
Not all of them have seen ink.😏
Some of them have rarely seen ink.😞
Some of them have seen that much ink they cower in the back of the stamp box praying I don't inflict any more ink on them 😱😱

This SU set is in the middle category.
I think perhaps I have only used it twice before but Serene Stamper Tina has used it and I thank Tina for reminding me that it was time to 'get out your poor neglected stamp sets and DO something!!'

Watercolour card, after stamping the blossoms I took a wet brush, some Calypso Coral ink and painted.

Same with the leaves.
Once dry, I dry brushed Shabby Shutters DI over the rest of the front.

The sentiment is from the Faith in Nature set (First category - see above) stamped in Calypso Coral.

I tipped out all the ribbons and couldn't find a single one that matched. How can you have lots of lovely ribbons and still not have something that looks right??!!
So - the boring old white seam binding was given a sharp dose of Abandoned Coral DI.
Serves it right for being plain and boring!😲

Quite smug now 'cos it turned out better than I expected!


Challenges -
Crafty Sentiment Designs - Spring
A.I  - A/Goes with Flowers
Get Creative - use Ribbon
Path of Positivity - #56
Crafty Catz - A/Goes with Ribbon

Hoping that you all are OK in blogland. Thanks for any comments you leave me - love to read them and appreciate every single one. x

16 comments:

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card Viv, love the pink and green shades, the lovely flowers and the way you have adapted the ribbon, must admit I have done the same quite a few times.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Viv and colouring the ribbon to get the perfect match was a fantastic idea.
Yvonne xx

aussie aNNie said...

haha I can relate to the inking situation, my stamps are slowly seeing the light of day. Once we stamp though do you wonder why we stopped... Time...
we all need to have time out for ourselves. Your card is stunning, more of these please.xx [aNNie]
 ❤️

MaryH said...

This is such a pretty flower, and you've done it justice with your w/coloring skills, and the colors you selected to use. I love the glow from the subtle pale green leaves peeking out, and the seam binding really does take color well, doesn't it? I forget I have the stuff most of the time. I had a chuckle at the beginning of this post about the state of your stamps. Mine are much the same! TFS

brenda said...

Very pretty bright and summery colours Viv.

B x

PaperDaisies said...

Great use of ribbon. I love the design. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty a beautiful design Love and hugs Carole x

Cara said...

The I love this. My stamps are much the same, I'm afraid. Life is certainly too short to clean a stamp unless absolutely necessary! Of course you didn't have the right shade of ribbon, we never do, despite the 15.000 rolls that we've acquired x

TK said...

These are truly beautiful! They look so much like custom pp - nice!

ELE said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Good luck!
Hugs
creativEle DT

Pat said...

I adore your pretty coral colour flowers, and the leaves make a beautiful background and the coordinating ribbon and sentiment are just great finishing touches. I have missed so many of your makes this month, you're cardmaking has had a big surge lately and lots of beauties to look at and sorry I haven't been to visit you for a while, this month seems to have just flown by. x

Pia S said...

I think this design is well balanced and the ribbon picks up the colors of the flowers beautifully. Everything works perfectly together.

Jules said...

Hi Viv

What a gorgeous creation .. .. love it!

Great transformation of the white seam binding too.

You tie a lovely bow.

Hope all is well with you.

Love Jules xx

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a lovely card in the pinks; love your inking technique! Love the uplifting sentiment. Now, I have to say, I chuckled at your comment about coloring the seam binding! Agreed, serves it right! hee hee Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Helen said...

Beautiful card and a beautiful sentiment too.

Thank you for sharing it with us at the Path of Positivity Challenge.

Helen x

Julie Odil said...

This is fantastic! I love your inking on this! Thanks for joining us in February at the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog, and I hope to see you again this month. Julie, DT member