Friday 16 March 2018

The Garden Wall

Almost the weekend! Altho how much of a good weekend will have to be seen as we have snow forecast again! So it will be a very very GOOD weekend if it does 'cos I can just stay in the craftie space!! (Probably in my PJ's too - sheer bliss!)

Made a card for this month's challenge at CAS Watercolour. The theme is 'Garden'.
I don't use digital images very often now but I remembered I had this one which was a freebie many moons ago - I think the company was Just Inklined - but am not sure.

The image is called 'Garden Wall' so am hoping it qualifies for the theme - if not never mind cos I have another card for my stash! 
It was quite a nice image to colour. I printed it out on watercolour card then left it overnight.
All coloured with Distress Inks.
I highlighted the wall with Old Paper DI creating a wash then going over the cracks again to give it more depth.

Am quite pleased with my colouring on this - I am usually guilty of being too heavy handed and using too much ink but this looks fine (to me!)

Also popping over to share at
The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes
Sparkles Monthly - Spring
Pearly Sparkles - Flowers

Hoping everyone is safe and well in their part of blogland. Thanks for calling in - I really appreciate your visits. x

19 comments:

Viv said...

This is so pretty Viv ! love the shabby choc look to it also. Yes I think you did a great job of colouring it too!Yes we have snow forecast here as well...boo hoo, we hope to go to our son's and swimming nearby but who knows lol ;) hugs Viv xx

Susan said...

Yes, your card definitely qualifies for the CAS Watercolour "Garden" theme! I love it! Great image of a garden wall and those unusual hanging containers! Beautiful watercolouring too. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Loll said...

And what a beautiful garden wall it is Viv!! Love the soft colours which adds to the vintage look along with the cracked wall and peek of brick from behind. The Old Paper gives a love soft wash for the background. I have this colour but have NEVER used it ... it's been sitting for probably five years now. I wonder if the ink has all dried. :) Anyways, you have inspired me to give some of my neglected colours a try. I do love your garden wall ... thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Watercolour!

Hopefully the snow is not a lot, but enough that you can craft in your PJs without any guilt! :) xx

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card Viv, great use of the water colours and super images.

Kath x

Barb said...

Your card is beautiful Viv. It's such a pretty stamp and your colouring looks lovely. Barbxx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful CAS card Viv, the colours look lovely.
Yvonne xx

Bonnie said...

Oh, Viv, I love your garden wall! The basket full of flowers is beautifully done and colored! Great job on the details of the wall too! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

aussie aNNie said...

chic shabby and creative, lots of fabulous colours, love this.x 💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and your water colouring looks fab
Hugs Kaz xx

pinky said...

Love your card Viv. Makes me think of Italy!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Stunning card... love the images...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Pat said...

I adore your colouring of this very pretty digital image Viv, and I think it is perfect for the theme over at CAS Watercolour. x

AlisonC said...

This is really pretty, I love the feel of it but I do like all things to do with gardens. Are we all hoping for snow tomorrow so we are trapped inside stamping?

Pia S said...

It’s a beautifully colored image and I like how you subtly colored the wall too. With an image like this, left on its own, there’s no room for error, so I’d be a bit afraid of taking on this challenge, but you did such s great job and it’s a isimple and stunning design.

Mac Mable said...

Staying in today and crafting as it is so very cold in Scotland x What a beautiful vintage looking card. So very pretty and gorgeous colouring x

Cara said...

Your colouring of this is just fantastic x

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Linby said...

What a great image and your colouring of it is great. I try to be heavy handed but can't! I do envy those people who get rich deep colours

Pat said...

Congratulations on being one of the outstanding designs Viv over at CAS Watercolour with your beautiful card! x