Tuesday 10 November 2009

Cotton Wool


Have had a real bad cold the last few days. Although the cold not yet disappeared completely at least my head doesn't feel quite as fuzzy and cotton woolly. But I've been left with a hacking cough and I feel like someone is sitting on my chest permanently. Consequently I have not ventured to do anything and I certainly have not been able to play with all my goodies bought at the NEC last Friday.... which, as you can imagine, left me soooooo frustrated!

I have promised myself that when I'm 100% again, I shall lock myself in the craft room for a full 24 hours!!!

In the meantime, as my brain would not allow me to be even remotely imaginative I sat for a while today and made a couple of simple Christmas Cards and also tried out a new embossing folder called 'Stylised Flower'. I think it's really pretty. I used 'Black Magic' paper from Core'dinations and once embossed attacked it with some sandpaper( a very big emery board really, but it worked the same!), which exposed the colour underneath. (Which yet again has been spoilt by my photograph! - The colour is a very pale and delicate pinky lilac). I glued two flat backed pearls onto the 2 main flowers and an addition of a paper flower secured with a pearl brad finished this basic card which I actually quite like for it's simplicity!

Tuesday Taggers challenge this week is 'no patterned papers' so I'm submitting my embossed card.

14 comments:

Maureen said...

That looks good! - the card has worked really well.

Pia said...

just a great card

Jan said...

Bless your heart, working with such a rotten cold. This is lovely Viv.... so pretty and I love the Core'ordinations effect. I haven't used it myself but you've got a beautiful result here. Love the combination of pink and black also. et well soon x

blackdragon said...

stylish and elegant... lovely work.
Thank you for joining in with us at Tuesday taggers this week.
hugs lynx

Michelle said...

Stunningly simple Viv! Thanks for playing along on TT this week
x Michelle

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE what you did with that black magic paper - never heard of it before. Just FAB how the sanding brought out the pale pink. LOVE it. PS I know what you mean about the picture. I JUST ordered a light tent and am hoping it makes a difference.

Teri said...

Wonderful Card!! Love it!
Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Taggers this week.
Hugs,
Teri x
PS - hope you are better very soon!!

Denise Clark said...

Hope you get to feeling better real soon so you can lock yourself in your craft room for 24 hours! I'd love to do that myself! ;)

Love your embossed card! Love the way the ribbon hangs down in strands. Very nice!

Unknown said...

A brilliant card as always Viv x Thanks for joining us at TT again this week x Janet

Sherry said...

Great card Viv. I'm glad you're on the mend too. Take care xx

Unknown said...

Viv this is a beautiful Card, hope you are feeling better soon, many thanks for joining us at TT this week especially as you are feeling so low. Hugs Avril xxx

Pattie said...

Viv this is really a beautiful card I love this style,arent those embossing folders great,they make crafting so enjoyable....lovely work,glad your on the road to recovery,missed you x

Debbie Dolphin said...

This is really lovely.The cuttlebug folders are great arent they
debbie xxx

Ange J Lee said...

Must have a go with core'ord paper...I've got this same embossing folder which I use quite alot...love the design...and what you've done with the card has worked really well - nice simple design but very elegant and lovely colours...just the sort of card I like!