Thursday 28 January 2010

Still card making -



in between a couple of other projects... will post a pic of one later (waiting for glue to dry!)

These two cards are further additions to my stock for my Breast Cancer Charity - both made using digi images.... (see - am still practising colouring!)


Ok, first one is Gus. Gus is a relative of Ruby and the other ladies over at Bugaboo... he's a real grumpy old man and reminds me of someone I know.... (not OH I hasten to add, who is never grumpy!). I'm sure we all know a 'Victor Meldrew' grump like Gus! I coloured him in using promarkers and the backing papers are from K and Co. The cute boxer shorts charm was from my stash and looking at those legs think Gus would have been better advised by the fashion guru to wear something a little bit longer to cover those bony legs!

I always struggle making men's cards and obviously so do the gang over at 'Digital Tuesday' who set the theme this week of 'Make Those Men Laugh'.

The second card is made using a digi freebie and I can't for the life of me remember which company it was from, but I know it made me smile when I saw it. I used Coredinations Whitewash paper for the background and added a scrap of DCWV card left over from another project. Coloured the image with a mix of watercolours and promarkers and added a bit of sparkle to the bug's wings. The ribbon and buttons from my stash.

8 comments:

suzanne2 said...

lovely cards, my fav is the bugs, i'd love that image. very cute.

Maria Matter said...

oh these are too fun Viv!
great images & designs!
thank you for joining in @ Digital Tue!
blessings, Maria

Cor* said...

Oh I love your man card! Classic...made me chuckle!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just posted some candy. Come check it out!!

Maureen said...

Two great cards Viv!

Anne said...

Fun cards, the caught a bug is a good one!

Ellibelle said...

What fun cards. I so love the image of the grumpy old man. So funny.

Anonymous said...

Lovin this viv hehehe
hugs June xxx

Jaspere said...

Hilarious! Love that Bugaboo image. Cute cards.