Tuesday 27 July 2010

Dandelion Heads or is it Agapanthus???????



The Play Date Cafe as usual has come up with a gorgeous colour scheme this week and I'm really late posting this - the card has been made for 4 days and hopefully I'm not too late for the challenge!!!

The colours were a lovely muted mix of cream, mushroom, grey and brown so I used the last of my Penny Black stickers which included all of these colours (fortunately for me!) and picked out the mushroom and brown colour for the backing papers.
I was undecided if the flowers were dandelion seed heads or agapanthus but whatever they were I thought they'd benefit from some liquid pearls! A bronze metal flower with a pearl centre was mounted onto a cream fabric flower and I finished off with a mushroom colour organza bow.


15 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya Viv. Stunning card. Love the image and the colours are just so classy. Happy crafting and Good Luck with the chyallenge.
Love Sandra xxx

Suzi B said...

This is truly lovely...gorgeous!

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful card! All of the details are just gorgeous!

Jan said...

What a lovely idea... stunning effect Viv x

Netty said...

This is fab Viv, love it. Annette x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHH! STUNNING! I just love those pearls and that sheer ribbon over dark chocolate! I LOVE IT! Great job with the color combo:) Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, the liquid pearls is a great touch. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

This is such a pretty card, so elegant! I love how you've done the pearls, so lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. love the accents! Gorgeous touch. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week.

Julie Ranae said...

What a wonderful entry for this week's challenge...so glad you could play with us in The Play Date Cafe!

Lizzybobs said...

This is lovely - I think you have done a great job - lv Liz

Val said...

Whatever the flower - it is just stunning.
Hugs
Valx

Gayle Page-Robak said...

This piece is fabulous, Viv. So excellent. Love how you have used the pearlex...great idea, looks awesome. Thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely comment. Glad you came so it brought me here to see all your gorgeous artwork. I have joined your followers list and look forward to returning. I hope you will join me as well. Hugs,Gayle.

Anne said...

Very elegant colours and card

DF - Heidi said...

inspired ....love it