Tuesday 9 August 2011

Plethora of Pink!

I have had a rush on 40th Birthday cards recently - there must have been something in the water in 1971!!

A lady wanted another like the Forty and Fabulous one but done in pink - I have a thing about making two cards the same - so - here is what I've come up with and I hope it's OK for her! And PINK enough!

The image is from Bugaboo coloured with promarkers and some stickles used on the hat,  ankle bracelet and the earrings for a bit of bling! I edged the main image with a teeny bit of glitter for some sparkle.I colured a couple of flourishes (thanks Maureen) with a promarker to co-ordinate the colours and isn't it always the way that out of a TON of ribbon, I didn't have one that was the right shade? So out again with the trusty promarker.

I have had the 'cocktail glass' metal charm for eons and I was sitting staring at the bottom left of the card thinking it was missing something when this little light bulb appeared over my head and illuminated the charm! I actually think it looks fine - I hope!!!
Pearls, flowers etc all from my stash.
Oh, and |I made and decorated a box for it to go in!

Challenges -
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
Passion for Promarkers - Divas with Glam and Glitter 
Bunny Zoes - Easel Card
KB - Anything goes with a Digi
Charizma Cards - Flowers, Pearls, Glitter

14 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Wow Viv, this is fantastic. What a stunning creation, and I am positive the reipient will love it too. Absolutely wonderful. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Meggymay said...

Great card Viv, she sure looks ready to celebrate a special day. Yvonne x

June Nelson said...

Amazing, Amazing Vivvy I love this card!!!!! love the cutey image too xxxxxx

Lynne said...

Fabulous Viv. Love all that pink and such a great image.
Lynne xxx

Maureen said...

Worth me staying up all night to cut out those swirls!!! don't worry i'll catch up on the sleep - somehow!

Jackie said...

Fabbytastic card Viv, just gorgeous :o)
Jackie xx

coops said...

fantastic card viv.love the fun image and gorgeous colours and details :D

xx coops xx

Monica said...

Love that charm - adds that perfect touch to it. Such nice, pink card! Am sure it will be much appreciated. That white porcelain cards with roses keeps coming back to my mind like that poem, Daffodils!!!

xxx Monica

crazyribbonlady said...

I love the pink!! and i know the feeling of having soooo much ribbon, but still not quite the right shade/style! ;) Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week! Emma x

Gem said...

wow Viv I love this card! thanks for sharing with us at Charisma this week! :) Gemma

Laney said...

wow! Fabulous hun!!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Paul said...

Superb creation. Thank you for joining in with us at Catch The Bug and our Anything Goes challenge for August.
TFS
Paul
http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com

Debs said...

gorgeous card Viv..thanks for sharing with us at PFP..hugs Debs x

Jodie Mackrell said...

gorgeous!!!