Wednesday 12 October 2011

Wish I was (still) THERE!!!!!

If your weather is as grey, wet and horrible as it is here (and has been I might add since I stepped off the plane), have a look at this amazing Cyprus sunset, taken on the night before we flew home.Fabulous isn't it - and the best thing was the days were as good!!!! As with all holidays though they end far too soon and once you've been back a couple of days they just become a distant memory!
My sun tan is going the same way - LOL.

So on to other things  - as mentioned the weather here has been appalling! It has finally stopped raining in the last hour but it's grey skies and heating on!
To add to my 'return home' depression, our internet decided to go on holiday too. Although we have some download speed it's worth than 'dial up' so viewing, uploading and commenting is nigh on impossible! ISP says 'it MAY improve in the next five days.....' - so much for me trying to control my high blood pressure.....
I have spent rather a long time doing this post but I really wanted to upload SOMETHING!!!! (And I had a little snooze whilst waiting for the links to work)

Here's a make to share - I had stamped this 'Cinderella' image from Kraftin Kimmie before I went away and have finished the card in the last couple of days (in between restraining myself from putting my fist through the computer......)

Image was paper pieced using Versamark Onyx Black onto lilac and white polka dot paper. Rest was coloured with promarkers and some perfect pearls dabbed on the 'jewellery' for a bit of bling!  The clock was made using an embossing folder and cut out as were the clock hands. I ran some black chalk across the clock face and did the same with the hands which I attached using  a black eyelet. I popped a bit of glossy accents onto the hands and matted the whole clock onto a scalloped pearlised black die cut. The background papers are 'Paris Nights'.  Some lilac ribbon, a couple of purple pins, card candy(coloured with a promarker and some Diamond Stckles) finished the front and continued the colour scheme through to the inside.


Challenges -
Anything Goes - Diecuts/Punches
Kraftin Kimmie - Sparkle and Shine
Crafty Cardmakers - Anything Goes
Cutie Pie - Recipe- Gliiter/Lilac/Ribbon
Pixie Cottage - Dark and Spooky (and I think the idea of Cinders carriage turing into a pumpkin is VERY spooky!)

Thanks for visiting - I promise to try and get round some blogs and have a look at what you've all been up to - if I can stay awake long enough whilst they upload!!

13 comments:

Davi said...

Very fun card..love the image and fun layers ;)

Jackie said...

Magnificent sunset, beautiful card inside and out, it's good to see you back :o)
Jackie xx

Jan said...

Welcome home (to the real world!!) Beautiful photo... no wonder you didn't want to come back.
Love the little card too.... super colours and design. xx

Anne said...

Fab card and sunset looks pretty good too:). Good luck sorting out your interweb, have you tried kicking it?
Are you at NEC in November? I'm going Thu
Anne
x

Feebsy said...

Wonderful card. I really like the image and colour pallet you used. The dp's are lovely and the way you've carried it through to the inside is fabulous.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Sherry said...

Post holiday blues, I know that feeling so well! Book another holiday now, bound to make you feel better!!

Love your pretty card too!

Oh, and welcome back xxx

Gaynor Greaves said...

What a super card, Love the image, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes challenge, hope to see you again, Gaynor :)

Steph said...

Fabulous card, love that image! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

June Nelson said...

Wow my vivvy lovely to have you back and this card is a stunner, pleased you had a good tinme, im icky today loaded with cold and feeling really sorry for myself so your right that little girl is just like me minus two or three stone lol xxxxxxxxx

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful card.I love the muted colours you've used.And I love the sunset photo!

Anonymous said...

Excellent card! love the image and the way your card tells a story! Thanks for playing at Cutie Pie! Woo x

kbrandy4 said...

Absolutely gorgeous design!! Thank you for playing along with the Cutie Pies!!

Hugs Hazel xx

Karen Howard said...

How spooktacular, I love it! Thanks for joining our Dark and Spooky challenge at The Pixie Cottage this week! Hugs, Karen
P.S. I've Christmas Candy on my blog!