Having not finished last week's in time to post before the challenge closed I am extra extra early this week for Less Is More which is a one layer card with 'script'.
Maureen is today holding a workshop at Barry's craft store on painting with Distress Inks so not to be outdone I decided even though it is too far for me to travel to be of any use/support/a nuisance to her, I would take part anyway!
The Elusive Image stamp was inked in versamark black first. I made a mask as I wanted to emboss the actual flower - it's really difficult when the stamp isn't a clear one but after two attempts I managed it using black embossing powder on the hydrangea.
It's given it a lovely raised effect which I am pleased with (for once!).
I painted the background script with Victorian Velvet and Spun Sugar and did the flower with Broken China and highlighted it with Dusty Concord.
Unfortunately I am not so pleased with the new card stock I bought recently- although it was supposed to be quite a heavy weight and felt OK when I opened it, it has really disappointed me - it coped with the DI painting quite well, but boy, did it buckle very easily with the heat embossing.
It also didn't cope particularly well with an embossing folder coming out all wavy when I ran it through the cuttlebug, so will only be using it in future for basic stamping projects.
I may well have to mat this onto other cardstock if I want to use it for more than just a 'notelet'.
Will have to see if the three heavy books currently on top of it straighten it out a bit!
Hope everyone is having a good day out in blogland, thanks for visiting and enjoy your weekend! x