Tuesday 22 May 2012

LIM

The challenge over at LIM this week is a Baby card. I'd already made one which was definitely NOT suitable- (please see below post - lol)  so had a bit of my fill of babies this week but as I hadn't managed to enter last week's challenge I wanted to make sure i kept to my promise to myself of at least doing one LIM a month!

This is not, in my humble opinion, a very exciting card! Although I really do like CAS and have become more comfortable with it over the last few months, I think I am guilty of 'less and less and lesser' and somehow they always seem unfinished?
I am not even sure if the Head Girls will allow a shaped card, so am risking the naughty step by even contemplating submission. If I am firmly rapped on the knuckles then I shall just have to take myself off and try and do another one.
White pearlised card and two embossing folders (good old Swiss Dots and Houndstooth Check), some fabric rose trim from my stash, a wee bit of a pink ribbon and a LOTV sentiment and that was it! (Which is probably why I don't think it very exciting.......)

I am shamelessley touting for votes again too.......if you think my cross over wedding card over at Fashionista is the best, please would you register a vote? They have a bag of goodies for one lucky voter and it may just be you!

Have just come in from the garden - we've had a real busy few hours - we've cut the 150 foot long garden hedge and some of the shrubs at the front so we're both hot and tired now! But at least the sun is shining and is supposed to be with us for a few days - so am going to make the most of it!

Thanks for visiting, hope all is well in your world. x

28 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi viv
Wow this is soooo sweet ... Love it .....
Hugs Sylvie xxxxx

Roxie said...

This is so cute, I made a few of these for a baby shower a couple years ago and sure wish I'd thought of the trim like you did, it's just adorable!

Viv said...

Ooooh Viv it's fabulous, what are you like lol.It looks just perfect to me, I have also made a shaped card, will show it soon, don't think the head girls mind as long as they are LIMLike :) Viv xx

Stamps and Paper said...

This is gorgeous and love those pretty little flowers


Anne

June Nelson said...

Aw I think this is the cutest littlt thing I love the shape its gorjuss if I was having a baby which im not!!! you could send it to me vivvy babe just lovely xxxxxxxxxx

Unknown said...

matey this is sooo cute ok its not like me and my ottt stuff ...but less is more i still would love it and im sure the girls will on the challenge.they will let you sneak in the back dooor lol!!! .ps ive clicked lol sassx

Scrapmate said...

This is a lovely card & perfect for the LIM challenge IMO.

Chrissie said...

Shaped cards are perfectly acceptable anytime Viv and that braid is SO pretty!
Great baby card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

How lovely, such a different idea, that sentiment is super and the roses are so sweet.

Monica said...

So striking, reminds me of a real baby dress.

Monica xxx

Jackie said...

Very sweet card Viv, it's LiM so it should be fine :o)
Jackie xx

Bea said...

love your take on the theme - your card is lovely and so agree how useful the embossing folders are - I am a real fan of swiss dots

coops said...

wow this is simply stunning viv.the shape is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Carol Willis said...

Super-sweet card Viv, love it!
Hugs
Caz x

kassa said...

Oh Viv this is so adorable and eye-catching too as I spied it straight away above my thumbnail on the LIM blog.
Kxoxo

Unknown said...

this is cute. I love the flowers.

x

Clare said...

Simply adorable.

Anne said...

Viv this is totally adorable!

Julie said...

Great shape and so pretty! Lovely.

Vicky said...

So so pretty! :)x

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this Viv - I've seen lots of similar shaped cards but this one is so beautifully decorated. Good luck in the competition! Vicky x

Deanna said...

your card is so precious! It brings back memories of when my daughter was born. I received a card shaped just like this. It has always been a favorite of mine-Thanks for sharing!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Viv - the card shape is awesome - I absolutely LOVE it!
Sylvia x

Mandi said...

Terrific shaped card
Love it!
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Teresa said...

Oh this is soo cute, really beautiful shape too. xx

Anonymous said...

soo sweet x

Shelby said...

I think this is so pretty. Love the two different embossing folders you've used and the string of flowers around the top is a great topper!

Shelby

Julie said...

How lovely. The trim is fabulous. Love the embossing.