Tuesday 14 August 2012

Mint Julep!

Some years ago when I was young and foolish (!!!) I tried a Mint Julep cocktail as I used to really like mint flavoured ice cream.
I thought the cocktail would taste the same........... obviously they don't put generous helpings of bourbon in mint flavoured ice cream as I quickly found out when this pale insipid looking concoction arrived with green stuff languishing in the bottom of the glass and half a tree branch sticking out of the top.......
Whilst making this card I remembered the disappointment I felt when the glass did not contain anything that remotely resembled the colour (or taste!) of my beloved mint ice cream!
 
 The card happily does!

I am sticking to my promise of getting to the bottom of the paper stacks and using it up (it's a very slow process....). The paper I used for the background is from a Craftwork pack which I think was called Ooh La La. I distressed the edge, ran some Versa ink in sea breeze colour around the edge and then stitched it onto a pice of minty/aqua coloured card.

The gorgeous aqua coloured lace was a present from Alessandra (and Bailey - LOL) and i used it across the centre of the card base and then threaded it through a K and Co tag with a scrap of ribbon in the same shade. I added a die cut corner to the bottom end of the tag to give it a lacy edge and glued on a small pearl.

The image is from Stampendous, coloured with promarkers, antique linen dusted round the background of the stamped image, distressed and stitched and raised on 3d pads onto the tag and card base.
The Eiffel Tower cut out and the tag on the bottom left were also in the same craftwork card pack.

Feeling especially adventurous I made the flower out of vellum cut with my nesties! A pearl, some more scraps of ribbon, a couple of die cuts and two pearl and crystal pins (a present from Sass )all added.

I finished it with a couple more pearls, a pearl heart and stamped 'beautiful' onto a piece of co ordinating paper. The same colour scheme continued through to the inside.

Challenges -
Fashionable Stamping - Ice Cream colours
Addicted to stamps - Pearls and Lace
Stamp and create - Stitch It Up 
Totally Stampalicious - Fave colour combo - (I like all colours really so it was hard to choose a fave!)
Ribbon Girl - Bingo - (Ribbon, Pearls, Image)
Just Some Lines - Layer It Up
NMWC - Anything Goes
Moxie Fab World - Mint Challenge

Hope you're all having some sunshine and maybe an ice cream or two?? Oh and for those of you who are wondering - my disappointment didn't last long - of course I drank it - then had another just to make sure ..... left the tree branch behind though! x

37 comments:

Carol Willis said...

Oooo Yum! I love this colour, it's definitely my fave. Beautiful card Viv.
Hugs
Caz x

Mau xx said...

Wow! Viv this is gorgeous, I so love the colour :) not so keen on the Mint ice-cream though. Love the amount of detail on it and your flower is beautiful.
Hugs Mau xx

Unknown said...

oh my word this is just a stunning card...wonderful vivy... hugs sassyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Fabulous card....love all your embellies...fabulous stamp....
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Jan said...

This is gorgeous Viv love the flower xx Jan

Sarah said...

Stunning card Viv! Mint ice cream is my absolute favourite! Good Choice! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am not the biggest fan of ice cream but since childhood days, mint choc chip has been a favourite of mine also and your card conjures it up to perfection.
The most beautiful colours and also beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne

Netty said...

Loving your mint choc chip inspired card, its truly gorgeous Viv, x

McCrafty's Cards said...

I love mint icecream Viv and I love your card, gorgeous image and I love all the mint embellishments.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

This is a really pretty card, I love the sorbet green :-)
Thanks for joining us over at ATSC
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxx

Meggymay said...

Delicious colours. Love your gorgeous card layers and details. Thank you for sharing it with us at FSC this time.
Yvonne x

Unknown said...

me again you have a email hunnie xxsassxxxxxxx ps still love the card perfection xx

coops said...

oh wow this is stunning viv.really beautiful image and details and i love the mint colours ;D

xx coops xx

Wendy said...

WOW! Stunning card Viv, that colour is so gorgeous.
Wendy xx

Jackie said...

What a stunning card Viv, and as green is my favourite colour it is doubly so. I decided that I would not buy any more papers three years ago and I have stuck to it, but I still have stacks of it because I hardly ever use papers now! :O)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Viv and just love those co,ours

Anne

Pia S said...

This is lovely, Viv! All elements are so perfect together and you've chosen such a lovely color scheme! Gorgeous vintage inspired card!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I love mint ice :) And I love your card, a fantastic piece of art. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Unknown said...

ViV This is wonderful what a super colour and such fabulous and pretty details well done such great work Hugs Elaine ( love that flower )

Mrs.B said...

Hi Viv, what a beautiful card, love the colour and a perfect match for the mint ice cream.
Thanks for joining our ice cream colour challenge at FSC.
Avril xx

Vicky Hayes said...

You made me giggle with your mint julep story Viv! Your minty card certainly doesn't disappoint - it's gorgeously feminine and I love the flower and flourish and pearls. Vicky x

Monica said...

Beeeautiful, everything is so lovely,

Monica xxx

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card!! I love the aqua colour and all the beautiful embelies!! The vellum flower looks great as well!! Thanks for joining us at ATSC. hugs, Marlies

Sasha said...

Absolutely stunning, Viv. I love your colour combo, especially the gorgeous pale green. Beautifully coloured, and your flower is so gorgeous. I may just have to try making a flower using vellum x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Viv, love your choice of 'ice cream' colours ! Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

Shelby said...

I say they should generous amounts of ice cream in the bourbon!! Beautiful card and so beautifully vintage.

Shelby

Viv said...

Such a gorgeous card Viv, I adore that soft green colour too, love everything about this card....too much to list here :) Viv xx

Claire said...

Wow stunning card, love the delicate greens and all the gorgeous embellies. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
Claire xx

Lee said...

STUNNING.XX

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Amazing card. Love the color choice. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE this card of yours, nice coloring! LOVE that mint color, it looks so yummy!

Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

xxx Ellie xxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

A gorgeous detailed card in a great mint colorViv...it's lovely

greetings, Alie :-)

Unknown said...

Wow these top three cards are amazing I love the style , the colour on this one is so fresh well done a fab creations Hugs Elaine

Ally said...

aaaaaaaaaaw this is soooooooooo beautiful!!!! Have no words for it, gotta go back and drool again...
Bye. Hugs, A.

Fliss said...

A really gorgeous creation and thanks for sharing this with us at the FSC summer challenge.
Fliss x

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Viv! Thanks for linking this up to the Minty Fresh Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

June Nelson said...

Hellooo me darlin now this is my card want it love it vivvy babe big huggies june xx