Tuesday 19 March 2013

Confusion reigns

and not in my house for once...
Am reading on Blogs that lots of you are joining up to 'bloglovin' because you believe that your followers will no longer be able to follow you.

I (and Coops and others) don't think you need to sign up to anything - Courtesy of Coops here is a copy from the Blogger forum -
The reading list on your dashboard is based on the feed of the blogs you are reading and their feeds are not going away. 
If you have items in your reading list on the dashboard that are only there because you added them through GReader and they are not Blogger blogs, they might be removed from the list when GReader goes away but any Blogger blog that is on your Reading List because you used the "following" gadget on another blog to start following it, should remain intact
 
So it looks like it will only affect those blogs you follow through google reader like wordpress or typepad blogs. 
I am not joining up to anything until we get more info from Blogger - they are not bad at publishing stuff on their 'Blogger News'.
I hope you'll still come and visit me using your dashboard!

16 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Thank you for the info Viv.

Edna x :)

Mau xx said...

Oh! dear!! I don't have a clue what this is about....or what it means!!....lol
you might have guessed that already Viv.. I am rubbish at these things.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Suze Bain said...

I just use the dashboard Viv so I'll still be coming to visit!! Xx

Kathyk said...

Thanks for clarifying that situation ..... I think I may be guilty of the panic sign up myself!!! OOOOPSIE!

Kathyk

Shea said...

Oh good! Another side of this story! Today's the first I'd heard of any of this and was NOT happy thinking I'd have to make an enormous switch (I follow a lot of blogs), and I'm so happy you've shared this information, sweetie. Thank you! I'm not in the mood to join anything other than blogs at this point! :)

Netty said...

I read also that the blogger reading list was closing, but am not changing to Blog lovin but will rely on email following and Facebook for the moment.

KathR said...

I signed up to Bloglovin, yesterday, and lo n behold because of this I have found blogs I had forgotten including yours, so for me it helps me follow my fave blogs more easely, and not only that this morning, I got a list of the latest goings on on these blogs, including yours..sorry if I've put this in the wrong place, but now I'll get all my feeds in one place without having to look all over the place.. So yes at the mo I'm lovin it...and your blog...xx...

Unknown said...

I appreciate the message you left me and I did check it out. But have already joined the other one and now wouldn't have a clue how to go back if I had to. I did go to Google reader and even that news letter said they would not be there mid year...who knows hey, lets hope we are doing it right..xx

coops said...

Hiya Viv, i am sure with all those millions of blogger blogs, we wuld of been notified.I am not signing up to anything else.i will wait and see :D

xx coops xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv thank you for the info I was starting to worry as I many people seemed to have changed ..I will make sure all my fav blogs are on my dashboard....like others I'm not signing up to anything ....

Anne

Clare said...

Very confusing indeed.

Di said...

I'm with you and Coops Viv - sitting VERY tight just where I am for now. Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Thanks for the info. So many conflicting stories. If only blogger would clarify exactly what it is/is not doing in plain English we would not be running around like headless chickens.
Hugs Mrs A.

Crafty Lark said...

First I have heard as my blogging has been a sleepy wander for the past week. Why do they have to tweak the things we love. xx Flora

Viv said...

I am still not sure what to do yet.I thought we would be losing all our followers if we don't add another link ??looking at bloglovin and feebly but am confused.com atm., thanks for the info :) Viv xx

Fiona said...

Thanks for this post Viv, I have seen all and sundry signing up to bloglovin but didn't know what it was all about. I investigated on Blogger and nothing is happening until July anyway so going to sit tight till then. I follow most blogs thru the 'followers' button any wordpress ones I just bookmark. Am such a techie dinosaur!