Friday 20 December 2013

Less than perfect pearls.......

Yesterday finally got round to putting up the Christmas Tree... that WAS a bit of a performance as we had given a lot of decorations etc to the charity shop when we moved and half way through the' adorning the branches' task I decided that we didn't have enough baubles.......... so off out we went to a nearby garden centre and luckily for me they were taking down their spectacular displays and all the baubles they had used were going dirt cheap!!
Those who know me well realise that I normally put up the tree at the last possible minute so 6 days before is VERY early for me but it looks nice (even if I do say so myself! LOL) and am quite looking forward to the first Christmas in the new house (am even praying for snow!!!!).

This share was (I thought) a bit of a disaster but the other half said there was nothing wrong with it and the person who received it thought it was lovely! So am showing it to you all in all it's messy glory.....- please feel free to make any comment you wish!!! LOL
  • I had this bright idea of inking inside a nestie - this turned out reasonably well
  • I had this bright idea of stamping tiny snowflakes inside the shape - this turned out fine
  • I had this bright idea of stamping 3 trees in a darker shade of Distress Ink - all good so far
  • I had this bright idea of using some scrummy coloured organza ribbon - looked nice
  • I had this really really bright idea of using 'Pearl Maker' on the biggest tree's branches - AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. STUPID IDEA.
Talk about DUMBO. The WHITE Pearl Maker stuff absorbed the distress ink and it turned out this sludgy goldy/yellowy colour.
But I finished it anyway on the instructions of dear husband who told me I was being daft and there was 'nowt wrong with it'.
Am entering this into the following challenges and hoping that they agree with the husband! LOL

Stampin 4 the Weekend - Anything Goes
Craftitude - Anything Goes 
Charisma - Anything Goes
Crafts for Eternity - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Feeling Crafty - Christmas
Dream Valley - Christmas

We are being battered with high winds and heavy rain at the mo - and it's set to last for a couple of days - which means I am now going to lock myself in the crafty studio (any excuse!).
Have a great weekend. x

22 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

A wonderful card. thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful card Viv, I thought the pearl dots, tree lights were meant to be that shade, they look lovely.
Thank you for the beautiful card you sent me and I hope you have a Happy Christmas.
Yvonne x

Sue said...

I agree with your husband Viv, I think it looks gorgeous. The colours are wonderful and I love the design.
Sue xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Viv..stunning colours and design

Anne

Vanja said...

This is stunning, Viv!

Happy Holidays! :)

hugs
Vanja

Val said...

Fabulous card Viv - love the simplicity of the design.
Valxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

It looks fabulous Viv, the pearl drops look like the snow is defrosting
Kevin xx

Monica said...

Hi Viv, what a fab card that is. I love the reverse nestie sponging and the three trees look rather artistic. The baubles look FABULOUS, I LOVE the colour, it kind of blends in really well, trust me.
Thanks for the kind words about Zeenya's art. I am glad that she is coming back to it after almost a break of two plus years. And she is recognized well by her teacher which motivates her even more.
Happy Christmas,
Monica

Jackie said...

Your OH is right, there is 'nowt wrong with it' at all, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

To be honest I thought they were meant to be that colour to go with the centre panel. And for once the other half is right there's nowt wrong with it, its fabulous.
luv
Debby

brenda said...

Stunning and elegant Viv.

Wonder what today holds, but at least magic feet signed that new contract.

Hope you have a good weekend and wonderful Christmas.

B x

Unknown said...

Hi Viv, just doing one last round before I close down for the hot sticky night ahead...lovely card my friend and I too wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas...love aNNIe xxx

Sarn said...

Morning Viv . . . well I think you're being hard on yourself. The card is inky and BEAUTIFUL. OK, so YOU knew the pearls were meant to be white . . . but no-one else did (until you told them!).

Love it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

I don't see why you are stressing over it hunni...i think its beautiful and i love the pearl drops!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

I agree with Hubby on this one Viv - there's nowt wrong with it! In fact, it's fabulous!
Have a wonderful Christmas - hope you get some snow!
Sylvia xx

Jo Grason said...

There's nowt wrong with it Viv, your card is gorgeous and the pearls on your tree look fab from what I can see, it's a beautiful Christmas card! Thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz this week, good luck! Jo x

Mrs A. said...

Viv, don't be so hard on yourself. This card is fab and I love the tree! Hugs Mrs A.

michele said...

Lovely card Viv thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

NormaJean said...

Thank You for joining us at Craftitude, your card is beautiful
hug DT Norma Jean

Eemeli said...

Great design. Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge this week at Charisma Cardz and Happy Holidays!

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Lovely card, thanks so much for joining us at Craftitude, good luck!
Hugs Donna DT xx

Julie said...

Cute card - I never thought of inking inside a nestie!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' For the Weekend for our Anything Goes Challenge - hope you can join us again soon!

Hugs

Julie x