Monday 26 October 2015

Dreams of Summer!

Nice sunny day here but autumn definitely upon us as there's a definite chill in the air. Got me to thinking though when I saw the beautiful blue sky, of warm sunny summer days - then I remembered this stamp. Part of a set of 2 (the other is just a smaller beach hut) and I was fortunate enough to win them a long time ago in a challenge.
I have used them both a couple of times and hunted them out again this morning when I made this -
Get your sunglasses on!!!!

Image stamped with Versamark, then coloured with Distress Inks.
Papers are old (very old!) from my stash as is the hessian strip.

The sentiment was a freebie download, I added a yellow button for the sun and a couple of charms - a flip flop for the girl and a pair of swimming shorts for the boy!
Inside decorated to match.

As I am typing this I'm thinking that I am probably going to have to put the heating on - cos it definitely isn't flip flop and swimming shorts weather now!

Challenges -
Creative Moments - Spots/Stripes
Southern Girls - Stripes
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
HIMCR - Any Holiday (and I chose SUMMER!)
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting and if you've left a comment I appreciate you taking the time! x

21 comments:

Jacee said...

What a smashing card Viv, love the image and your bright cheerful colours, fabulous!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Viv
Dianne xx :)

Mrs A. said...

Fabulous card. Perfect colouring. autumn is certainly here . I spent 2 hours yesterday and the same again today just picking up leaves that had blown into our garden form the trees next door in the parkland. Birda are all back which is a plus though. hugs Mrs A.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic summery card Viv, it will be a while before we see that kind of weather here in the N.E.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous image and a great layout, superb colouring and lovely embellishments, think that covers everything, your may guess that I love it.

Kath x

Carole said...

Super card Viv and I love all your detail.....the charms and a clever idea of a button for the sun...if only that would work in real life and we could just hang a button up! Fabulous bright and cheery colours in those papers too.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Viv, I like the sweet image the jute and the charms
Kevin xx

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Viv, love all the detail and the cute little pair in the beach hut.
Val x

Jackie said...

A delightful image and card, I love the little charms :o)
Jackie xx

Sarn said...

Beautiful sunny and colourful card Viv. Just what's needed at this time of year.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Cards by Beckie said...

This is a lovely card with great detail. Thank you for sharing at Creative Moments. Rebecca x

Linby said...

Just a distant memory now! Love the card.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful. Love this inspiring creation today and colours used are just gorgeous.x
{The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Pat said...

I love the organic hessian with the sweet beach hut Viv which makes me long for summer to return soon, no such luck though, also those wonderfully bright dp's complement this seaside theme so prettily and then the added charms finish it beautifully. x

brenda said...

Late to the part as usual Viv, but not to late to say love your fun card and lovely textures.

B x

Jo said...

Just the thing for these dark & dreary days! Love your soft colouring on that fab image. Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

MaxiBelle Studio said...

Adorable scene. Thanks for joining us for our 'Rocking the Stripes' challenge #122.
Alicia (Southern Girls DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

Meighan Wheller said...

Super Summer card. Love the whole layout and colours! Fabulous works. Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

creationsnz said...

lovely altogether!

Sarah said...

What a delightful card! I love the addition of the charms and the font on the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Jenscrapstoo said...

Such a great card, Love the image!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo