Saturday 14 January 2017

Saturday already?

Can someone tell me where this week went? Looking in at blogland I realised  my last post was Sunday! Normally I can put absences down to my other life (!!) - but confess that nothing from the bowling side has intruded this week so NO EXCUSE!!
I have though taken possession of something I coveted ever since I saw a sneak peek of them.. here it is - my new stamp set - Stampin Up's 'Beautiful You'. (Happy dance when it dropped through the door - thanks Sue!)

It is not usual for me to actually ACT on my 'I really want this stamp' thoughts particularly as I don't have a lot of crafting time with the Bowls England stuff - but I made an exception with this set - I SIMPLY HAD TO HAVE IT!
Out there in blogland I noticed that the set had been used on a dark card background so thought I would give it a try.
A bit of a change from my normal white (don't worry- the other stamps have been put onto white card!!) - but am actually quite happy with the result considering it is something I don't do very often.
Stamped image then used wax pastels. Had to overstamp as the pastels covered up the skirt folds (so thanks MISTI!)

Ran the white round the edge of the sea (OK I know it doesn';t really look like waves but you get the idea!) and made a little path in the sand. Stamped a couple of sand drifts using Fossilized Amber DI.
The sentiment is hiding a sin - tried to colour a sun and made a mess - so sentiment had to be stamped separately instead of direct across the sun - which was my original intention!

Challenges -
Daring Cardmakers - Try Something New
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Craft Rocket - Anything Goes
Craft 4 the Craic - Pick Me up ( and I can think of nothing better than a walk barefoot in the sand on a warm day to make you feel good!)
Thanks for having a look today - will be around in a little while to visit you all.
Have a great day whatever you're doing. x  

24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

I love this stamp set Viv it's on my 'wish'l list I love how you've used Kraft card a really lovely card

Anne

Angelnorth said...

It works beautifully on the kraft base, lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Viv, love that sketchy stamp! Very atmospheric.
Val x

Kathy said...

I think this is wonderful. I love the image stamped on Kraft and the subtle addition of the colours and the white. It really evokes the seaside feeling

Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers "Try Something New" challenge his week

Miri said...

Your new stamp set is great and I like the new technique (Stamping on non-white paper) too. Lovely card! I also think your colouring is great ... especially for this card and sentiment I think it doesn't have to be too perfect at all (as we and our lives probably aren't ;-)).

Pat said...

This is a beautiful SU image and I love the sketchy quality to it and the backgroud scene looks great Viv, I love the kraft card and the sentiment tag with the baker's twine and button is a stylish embellishment. x

Loll said...

WOW! Great job Viv! LOVE your new stamp set and can see why you fell in love with it. Amazing on the kraft background. I don't have pastels, but now I need to look into those ... the old studio is bursting, but I can always find more room. :) Great colouring. xx

Kathleen said...

A really beautiful card, you have certainly done the stamp justice, wonderful scene. Love the card.
Those were the days when I could kick my leg up that high, in fact was renowned for my Cancan.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

I can see how must needed that stamp set. Its a beautiful card and no one would have known about the accident if you hadn't mentioned it.
Yvonne xx

Carole said...

Brilliant card Viv...lovely stamp and great colouring! Unfortunately 2017 looks set to whizz faster than 2016.....and the days are getting longer!...lol

aussie aNNie said...

Love this the image is so nice and the card overall is gorgeous.xx

{aNNie}

Sarn said...

WONDERFUL card made with new fave SU set. Mine's coming . . . cuz like you, I just had to have it.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Barb said...

I agree Val that this is a lovely set. Both my friend and I are planning to order it when we go to class tomorrow morning. I absolutely love the way you have used yours on the non-white paper. It's a fantastic card and really tells a story. Great work! Barbxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Viv
Just ordered this stamp set... love your card... fabulous
Hugs Sylvie xx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Gorgeous card!!! Sentiments are so perfect..Thank you so much for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs xx Deepti

Anonymous said...

Stunning make , Thanks for playing at Crafty Rocket challenges ,

DT Lisa -
https://handmadewithlovebylisa.blogspot.co.uk/

Ally said...

oooh this is me, dancing in the moonlight at the beach, naked NOT ha ha ha!
Love your card!
xoxo, Ally

PS: Maybe you are interested in the little candy I offer on my blog :)

Joan said...

Fab card Viv, love the dancing lady and that great sentiment stamp

Joan

MaryH said...

Think that the kraft background really allows this image to shine. I like the way you've done the blue for the water, and it's very impressive with the wax pastels (which I'm not familiar with wax pastels, but you've created such a beautiful effect). Love that sentiment too. And yes, the weeks just fly by, and usually I've not accomplished much of what I planned to do! TFS & hugs

Diane said...

What an uplifting card design Viv.

Hugs Diane

Lee said...

Stunning card.xx

Pia S said...

This is lovely. So peaceful and I can almost sense the salty ocean air. I think the choice of kraft paper makes this card extra special. It really is beautiful.

Svenja said...

Lovely, lovely card! The white pencil on craft is always a nice touch. I also have an eye on that set of stamps...

Enfys said...

Really gorgeous, I love the effect on the kraft card. Thanks for joining the dare at Daring Cardmakers this week x