Sunday 6 August 2017

Sunny Days

Another scheduled post!
The August challenge at Stamping Sensations is 'ANYTHING GOES'!!
Don't forget we are a STAMPING challenge so stamping has to be the focal point of your entry!
Another great prize on offer... pop over to the blog for the deets. Here's my share for the DT this month.
Made from scraps too so am quite pleased with myself!
Background square masked and inked with Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon DI.
The stamp is of course from SU - an old set but I really like this pic of the little man building his sandcastle.

Painted the image with Promarkers - long time since I had those out!
I fussy cut round it and  tried to blend the edges where it met the sea with a teeny dab of DI - then raised it up with foam pads.
Punched a sun out of some yellow card, stamped a couple of birds then put it into a frame cut from linen card (another left over - it wasn't big enough to make a card with!)
Added the sentiment and a couple of shells all stamped in Vintage Sepia.

Am hoping that by the time August comes, we will be having some Sunny Days - not least because I am away for the month at the National Championships!

Thanks to everyone who is still visiting me and commenting. I am really enjoying my Presidential year but am sooooo missing my craftie space and blogland. x 

14 comments:

brenda said...

A superb summer scene Viv and a very nice design with the image framed.

Hope it's going OK and you have some sunshine.

B x

Barb said...

Your card is a beautiful summertime scene Viv. I've not seen that lovely stamp before and I really like the way you've made it dimensional. Hope you're enjoying your time away. Barbxx

Joan said...

Lovely card Viv, that's such an evocative image, memories of days by the sea with the kids, seemed the sun always shone !

Joan x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I really like this image Viv as the young lad look all encompassed building his sandcastle. I love the colour of the sea and your card has a lovely sense of dimension to it. I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying your Presidential year and I just can't imagine being away from my craft room for that long. If I go away for a week, I have to take some crafting with me 😉 It's a fabulous experience for you though and I hope that you enjoy every minute. Life is for living and you're living i! Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Cara said...

This is such a sweet scene and I love how you've created the frame around it. Hope the weather stays fine for you x

pinky said...

Simply beautiful Viv!!

Kathleen said...

This is a fabulous scene and love the frame idea, looks very classy and the fussy cutting of the image just tops it off.
Weather, the last few weeks here have been dreadful, I don't seem to have come out of my winter clothes this year apart from an odd day here and there.

Kath x

Sarn said...

Hi Viv . . . simply LOVE this brilliant scenic card mate. Fab colouring and great dimension.

Have a great week.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Linby said...

This is just delightful - beautifully coloured.

Sally H said...

What a gorgeous little scene, Viv! I love it! It has a lovely tranquil feel about it. Hoping to see a bit of that sunshine tomorrow!

Tracy said...

What a fabulous design Viv, I love your creation.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Loll said...

Glad you found some time to craft, Viv. This is such a sweet summer beach scene. Love the little guy building his sandcastle. Great design with the framing and angled sentiment banner held in place by shells. xx

Pia S said...

Cute and classy design, a super summer scene!

Lee said...

I absolulely Love it and everything about it.xx