Friday 8 December 2017

Experiment!

Brr.... it's cold here! Had some snow and more forecast for the weekend. Have spent the last couple of days assisting dear husband whilst we have had a re-vamp of 2 of the bedrooms - a new bed ordered for one, a new carpet and a quick change round of the furniture. Looks tidier and we've not spent a firtune so am happy.
Am not so sure I am happy with my embossing on this card - particularly the sentiment!
The gold embossing on the black was a bit of an experiment and I masked off the card to leave me enough room for a greeting in the middle.
The sentiment stamp is from a set called Fabulous Fashion by Katy Sue designs.
I confess to never having inked any of this stamp set .... maybe that's why the embossing hasn't turned out as crisp as I would have wished?
There's a lot of little gold flecks where they shouldn't be.
 
The baroque style background is an old wooden backed stamp - so old that the name of the maker etc has worn off!
I mounted it onto gold matt card before layering it onto the black card base.
It's not too bad an effort - hopefully my next attempt turns out better! I have managed to make a couple more Christmas cards too - will share these over the weekend!

Linking up to
Kitty Bee- Anything Goes
Crafters Cafe - Embossing
Moo Mania & More - Heat Embossing
Stamplorations December Challenge -Theme - Stamps and Gold

Hope you are all snug and warm - have a great weekend whatever you're doing. x

19 comments:

Liz said...

A very stylish and classy card, Viv, beautiful in black and gold. I love the background stamp. xx

Kathleen said...

The black and gold looks stunning and like the way you have used the mask for a sentiment.
Bitter cold here too.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

This looks so classy and expensive with all the gold embossing. Its a fabulous card Viv.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

What a fantastic classy christmas card - just brilliant!
Happy weekend for you and thank you very much for joining us at Moo Mania & More!
oxo Susi

Sarn said...

Flipping freezing down here . . . but no snow so far! High winds and rain for tomorrow . . . delightful! At least it can be a legitimate "duvet day"!!!!

I think your gold embossing looks amazing and very striking against the black background.

Hugs, Sarnie xxx

Michelle N. said...

Great holiday card! Thanks for joining us at Aloha Fridays challenges!

pinky said...

I think it's beautiful Viv, very striking!

creationsnz said...

Super card and fantastic embossing. So glad you entered our embossing challenge at the Crafters Café, CarolG

Pia S said...

Oooh, elegant and chic!

Esther Asbury said...

I love how elegant your gold on black looks! Such a beautiful card, I'd say it as a success!

aussie aNNie said...

A real stunner and fabulous embossing Viv.
Thanks for you comment on my naked card and hey, the postie would have loved it...he's a 50 year old recently divorced...x[aNNie]🎄

TK said...

Super rich with that gorgeous gold on black! Fabulous!

Rosie said...

wow, a very elegant postcard.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Cara said...

Gorgeous card. The background looks like fabric bad the sentiment looks like it has been woven into it x

MaryH said...

The embossing looks quite detailed to me, reminded me of some of the tapestries one might see in the old estates that can be toured. I love your idea of leaving the center portion to place the sentiment. This is just elegant and very textured. Glad the renovations are going smoothly and you are pleased with results. TFS & stay cozy. Hugs

cass said...

Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Embossing" challenge.

Pat said...

I think the gold embossing onto black looks so elegant Viv and the sentiment works well too and a great design idea to leave the space in the centre for it. x

Joan said...

I think the gold embossed background is beautiful and the sentiment looks just fine to me, fab card.

Joan

LauraJane:) said...

So very elegant! Thanks for linking to the THeme and Sketch challenge at STAMPlorations!