Tuesday 28 May 2024

Emboss It at Try It on Tuesday

This fortnight our challenge at Try it On Tuesday is 'EMBOSS IT'.


I made a background with Cracked Pistachio, Salty Ocean, and Twisted Citron inks.

I stencilled a couple of odd things on the background for some depth then used Salty Ocean to add a couple of random stamps (crackle, script)

I have had this big Indigo butterfly for a while and although it is quite a big stamp I really like it as you don't really need much else on the card front!

Triple white heat embossed then coloured it in using Distress Inks - adding Blueprint Sketch to the colours already used on the background.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.

Other things have got in the way of my blogging recently and I have been unable to visit my blogging friends. I hope to stop by very soon and catch up with you all.

Thanks for looking today - please pay a visit to the Challenge blog and have a peek at what the others on the team have made this time round - and of course as always I hope you can find time to join us!
Have a great day whatever you're doing. x

14 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you were able to join this challenge Viv because your card is gorgeous. How is your hand? I hope it's improving and you're having a lovely day. hugs-Erika

Sue said...

Gorgeous colours and background for your lovely butterly, Viv.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful embossed butterfly Viv, its a gorgeous card.
Yvonne

Joan said...

Fab card Viv Love those colours and the beautiful butterfly. Wow, getting OH to finish your card , how lucky are you mine would never do anything like that! Hope your hand gets better soon


Joan x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the inky background and beautiful embossed butterfly.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

This is stunning. I love the colours and how all the elements have come together xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful background, I love the mix of greens and blues and that butterfly is gorgeous. The placement is perfect partially off the page ♥

Aquarius said...

Fabulous butterfly and the white embossing is very effective. Love the way it is 'flying off the page'. Great background too

Loll said...

Beautiful colours for this card Viv! Love your lovely background with the stamping over top. It really does add a lot of depth. And that gorgeous butterfly is the star of the show. Colours are amazing. xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! Loving the colours and heat embossed butterfly, it's such a peaceful and serene design 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Mrs.B said...

It's a stunning butterfly image and it really pops with the white embossing against the inky background.
Avril xx

Bonnie said...

Love this butterfly and these colors! The white embossing really stands out with this shade of blue!

Pat said...

I am horrified to see how long it is since I visited you Viv, and although I have been away for two weeks I cannot blame it on that..well just a little..lol, but you have done some real beauties and I just love this gorgeous butterfly and such beautiful colours in the interesting background to accompany it, and the white embossing makes it pop. x

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning, I love your cards.

Have a nice day.

Hugs
Anke