Tuesday 2 July 2024

Card Chain Challenge June Reveal

 My card for June in the Card Chain Challenge went to Gail in Norway and I received a really pretty make from Patricia in Texas!

Once again the colour option from the vast list of things to choose from appealed to me and I also used the Summertime theme.

I used a Memento ink pad called Sahara Sand for the sandy beach, then blended another Memento colour called Turquoise Gem. The Navy blue colour element was a mix of Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire Distress Oxide.

I stamped a few starfish randomly along the sandy beach and once the background was dry, I got out these brilliant Ocean stamps from Inkylicious.
I've used these stamps quite a lot recently - they are absolutely perfect for adding embossed waves and foam to beachy scenes.

Although it's hard to see in the photo the starfish and the sand do have a teeny bit of sparkle - achieved by random dotting of Wink of Stella Pens in brown and gold.

Finished with a stacked die cut. (I always think there's something very dreamy about listening to a tide lapping on a sandy shore so the die seemed a good fit!)

There's still a few days left to sign up for the next Chain if you fancy having a go! x

14 comments:

papierelle said...

Amazing card and I love how you created the water!!

Sue - said...

Absolutely beautiful Viv!

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Summer card and beach scene,love the starfish on the beach and brilliant effect with the waves.
Carol x

Liz said...

A wonderful beach scene, Viv.
Liz xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a stunning beach scene, Viv - love the texture and sparkle! Great sentiment too!!

Gail said...

Fabulous beach scene!
I can smell and hear the ocean!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful ocean shore you created Viv! LOVE the frothy ocean stamping overlapping the sand with the star fish - I can hear the water and smell the salty air! - a beautiful card using the colors! Julia xx

Dotty Jo said...

Ooooooooo, I see we had similar ideas about this challenge! Your card is a stunner. Thanks for joining the fun at CCC again, Jo x

Imke said...

Great take using the colors and lovely beach. Like your card. So fun to join this swap.

Imke ~

Loll said...

Lovely summertime card, Viv. I would like to be on that beach!! :) xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful beach scene, your sand and surf are amazing ♥

Aquarius said...

This is beautiful - I can almost hear the waves breaking on the sand

Arlene said...

I love the beach scene. WOW!