Friday 2 August 2024

Card Chain Challenge July Reveal

 My swap partners this month for the Card Chain Challenge - I sent to Jo in the UK and was delighted to receive a lovely card from Linda in Michigan! (Thank you again Linda!)

So - I was a little pleased as I managed to have a bash at using the colour options and the theme of 'Asian' from the choices this time round.

A lighter bright blue (Topaz) was the base and before layering onto gold mirri card I used some gold embroidery thread to attach the Chinese coin.

I used a darker shade for the next layer stamping some bamboo and simply clear embossing.

The 'Bird of Happiness' is from an Altenew set, gold heat embossed (love this stylized bird) and the Happiness sentiment is from Paper Discovery.

Having checked the colour of 'Jade' on an internet search I found it was varying shades of green through the colour spectrum from a very pale green right through to Emerald. 

So once I had stamped and fussy cut my figure, I painted her in pale green and blue. 

There's still a few days left to sign up for the August challenge and we are being generously sponsored this time by RELATIVELY THOUGHTFUL who are offering a gorgeous digital download paper set called Egyptian Dreams for one randomly selected player in the Chain and are also offering a 10% discount for all our players!!
This discount applies to digital and physical products in the shop so wherever you are in the World we should all be able to benefit from this - the code will be included when you get the Card Chain Challenge contact email.
Come and join us! x


12 comments:

papierelle said...

A very elegant card.

Aquarius said...

A long time since I saw an Oriental themed card - this one is beutiful and you've matched the colours well

HilaryJane said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the blue and gold with just a hint of green. So stylish xx

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful mix of images on this lovely Asian themed card Viv! - perfect for the colors this month - and lovely touches of gold embossing! Julia xx

BAstelfeti said...

The Card is so beautiful.

Greetings BAstelfeti

Arlene said...

Gorgeous and elegant.

Bonnie said...

WOW! Wonderful colors with the elegance of gold and that Chinese coin is an amazing addition! I'm sure Jo is really enjoying this!

Pia S said...

It’s fun to see people using their oriental themed stash again and even though I think of red and gold/yellow colors for this, I think the color scheme for the challenge actually works really well. I like the bamboo detail in clear embossing and the sting with coin too.

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Asian themed card ♥

Dotty Jo said...

I feel so lucky to be the recipient of your gorgeous card, Viv. It's sitting on my desk looking beautiful... And has been much admired. Thanks for being a link in our CCC chain of friendship and fun, Jo x

Imke said...

Lovely asian card, Viv and great take with the colors too.
I am happy to part of the swap too - it´s so much fun.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Pat said...

What a wonderful colour combination and the geisha and the bamboo behind, and the sweet gold bird and Japanese script look beautiful, and I love the coin threaded onto the gold thread down the side..a fabulous card Viv. x