Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Inspired by a Song

 Over at TRY IT ON TUESDAY we're asking you to make something that's been INSPIRED BY A SONG.

It's been a long time since I fiddled about and made lots of  mess but I had an 'itch' to make use of a piece of board which had been sat in the cupboard.  

(It had a 'friend' too so I did another 'go with the flow' piece which I will likely share at another date -  well - I didn't want to have to clean up  more than once and the desk looked like a bomb ๐Ÿ’ฃ๐Ÿ’ฃhad hit it!)

Attached to the boards was a plastic bag with odd cardboard shapes inside which I know were left over from 2 mixed media canvases so I used some of them too. 
I must have bought these boards over 10 years ago so I am now patting myself on the back that they have finally been used.  In truth I had forgotten all about them.   

This 6" square was treated (?๐Ÿ˜) to lots of stamping, scribbling with a white pen and some acrylic paint over a piece of patterned paper (which may be Crafty Individuals.... or not!). 
I tried to not think too much and just let the piece kind of evolve.

I punched two holes in the top and threaded a bit of rusty wire (Lord knows where that came from!) for a hanger.

The words 'HAVE FAITH' are of course from a George Michael song simply entitled 'Faith' - and the little green triangle needs to have faith that there is room for him in that circle.๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope you like my little attempt at coming back out of my shell a bit - I enjoyed doing it (and it's friend) but the newly manicured nails not so much ๐Ÿ˜ง - which was when I remembered why I don't do this kind of thing very often!

No comments: