Friday 17 June 2011

A big thank you to all my blogging buddies who sent me cards and wishes for my birthday - my Club team played on the night so after the game we celebrated a 'skin of the teeth' win and the birthday with some cake and cups of tea (well they drank the tea - I had a glass of plonk!).
I bet by now you're all saying 'Not another Wedding Card' - trust me I'm also saying it! I have had so many requests for the same type of card using this LOTV stamp that I now have firmly placed it away in the drawer - am hoping the 'June Wedding' syndrome is nearly at an end!  I have always tried never to make more than one of any design but as these are orders I suppose I can break my cardinal rule a little bit.
Used the usual heavily textured cardstock, brushed over with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, my Grand Nesties which after dusting I edged with Stickles for a bit of bling, the LOTV stamp coloured with Promarkers and some Frosted White Stickles on the bride's dress. 
Inside I printed the sentiment on the PC and again dusted over all the card stock with distress ink. The heart punch formed the base for the prop for the easel and I also decided to decorate the hand made box with a die cut flourish and some silver rings.
All the embellishments/flowers etc are from my stash.
I found a couple of challenges -
ABC - 'W' for Weddings
The Craft Garden - Something Old (LOTV stamp, pearl hearts), Something New (Embossing Folder), Something Borrowed (Heart Punch), Something Blue (Ribbon and Flowers and of course the Distress Ink!)
Prairie Fairy - Weddings

11 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Viv. This is gorgeous and so very delicate. Hope you are keeping well. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

georgina said...

Viv this is amazing,what a wonderful card and box, i didn't know it was your birthday, i hope you had a great one, luv Georginax

AN said...

OOH_kuinka kaunis tämä onkaan--tykkään kovasti
Kiitos osallistumisesta ABC-haasteeseen
Onnea arvontaan
Kaunista ja aurinkoista viikonloppua sinulle sinne<3

Jan said...

Glad you won! This card is so fantastic, no wonder you've had so many commissions x

Jan said...

This beautiful, I love the colours
xx Jan

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, Thank you for joining in with us at The Craft Garden.
Kevin xx

coops said...

beautiful card and matching box viv.the image is gorgeous and i love your pretty soft colours and details :D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

A beautiful card Viv. Like you, I don't like to make a card more than once but when a customer asks then you have to! I am currently making 30 of the same Christams card for my cousin! :o)
Jackie xx

Suzanne said...

What a gorgeous card.
Thanks for playing along with us at ABC and good luck in the draw.
Hugs Sue x

Jinny Holt said...

BEAUTIFUL card Viv-hope you had a good birthday

hugs

Jinny :~)

Mel said...

Gorjuss creation!
What a great take on our "old, new, borrowed, blue" theme!
Thanks for joining in the fun at The Craft Garden
Hugs Melly xx