Tuesday 28 June 2011

Finally can post this card as it was given to the recipient yesterday!! It was meant as a bit of fun really - ther gentlemasn concerned has been known to laugh (occasionally) but he is fondly known as 'Grumpy' at the Bowls Club. (Grumpy or not, he is VERY good at serving the odd glass or two......)

I know it's been over a week since I put anything on here and I am beginning to think all my faithful follwers will have deserted me - it's been a ridiculously hectic week and I am finally glad to get a couple of days where I don't have to be rushing off to a bowling green or a meeting.

OH and I have today spent a whole day doing what WE wanted - in the form of meeting up again at Trentham Gardens with Maureen and her long suffering, having a picnic lunch (and no, it didn't rain), a wander round all the lovely shops (I bought - she didn't - HIGHLY unusual - lol), and having a giggle and a seriously relaxed time.

Back to the card -
Image is from Bugaboo (I bet all of us know someone like Gus here - LOL) and I coloured him with Promarkers, papers are from My Mind's Eye and the 'Grump' quote is from TLC.

Have had a quick trawl through blogland and found the following challenges -
Digis With Attitude (and boy has Gus got attitude!) - Anything Goes
Rainbow Lady - Use a Digi
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
 

7 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Super card.... thanks for playing
Love Cynthia x super music too xx

xxxtglxxx said...

You card is awesome! Love this bugaboo image and the sentiment is fab.

Great colouring and design too.

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

coops said...

fantastic fun card viv.i love the image, so funny and great design and wording :D
not been trentham gardens for a while, only a 20 min drive away too :D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

Brilliant fun card and yes, I do know someone like that :o)
Jackie xx

Jen said...

Fun image, like the design. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady this week.
Jen x

sammi said...

Great layout and papers! The sentiment is hilarious! Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Digi's With Attitude!

Micki said...

lol. LOVE it. Wonderful coloring and I really like the overall card design. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Sisterhood of Crafters for our masculine birthday/anniversary challenge.