Wednesday 21 November 2018

Brrr......!!

My goodness it has gone cold here! We even had a few sleety snowflakey things drop for 10 minutes or so a little earlier. Didn't amount to much but it is definitely a sign that Winter is here.
So I have a wintry scene card to share -
Just got out the inks and a scrap circle lying on the desk was put to good use as it made me a big moon mask!
I used Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio for the background. This is one of my fave colour combos when using inks and I wasn't sure if it would give me the cold effect I wanted but I think it's not too bad.

The trees were a mixture of stamps, all white embossed and the reindeer was done the same.
I added a little bit of Stickles along the base of the trees and on little deer's feet (doesn't show very well in the pic!)

The sentiment is from SU and sadly I didn't manage a crisp impression and you can just see a little bit of powder round some of it - but think that it proves that is is hand made as it's not perfect! (My excuse anyway!)

Linking up at -
Holly and Ivy - A/Christmas
SSS Wednesday - Baby It's Cold Outside
Ally's Angels - Winter
Fab n Funky - Christmas


Thanks for coming along to visit me. Hope all is well in your part of blogland. x

13 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Yes, so cold here tonight too. Beautiful card with beautiful winter colours x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Viv

Annd

aussie aNNie said...

Beautifuly embossed card, love this.xx

Carole said...

Looks fine to me Viv and certainly portrays that cold winter feeling...lovely.

Rachel Webber said...

What a gorgeous card! Cracked Pistachio is one of my favourite colours. I think the sentiment looks perfect being imperfect!

Thanks for Joining us at Fab 'n' Funky.

Rachel xx (DT)

Aquarius said...

It has been bitterly cold here most of the week too - biting wind. This card also made me feel chilly when I spotted it so you achieved the effect you intended. Great scene.

Meggymay said...

A beautiful and serene scene.
Yvonne xx

TK said...

Gorgeous card! I simply love the big moon, beautiful backdrop and the overlay of the trees on the moon - very nice

Viv said...

Gorgeous card again Viv !...yes cold here too brrr! ;) hugs Viv xx

Mac Mable said...

Great colour combination and wonderful blending. The white embossing looks fabulous against it x. Stunning hand crafted card x.

Lin said...

Beautiful blues and the white embossing is lovely, Viv! Thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card and absolutely love that colour combo, must try it myself, so pretty. I hope it doesnt get too cold there, of course here we are having mighty hot days for Spring, water in the dams is dropping and they are planning to get the desal plants up and running again. Looks like we will all be swimming on Christmas eve again this year as thats the main day we celebrate Christmas so I can go celebrate with mum and dad on Christmas day. Take care of yourself and have a good Christmas Viv xx hugs Aileen

Mrs A. said...

I must be loosing it as I'm sure I commented on this card about the lovely blue hues on your background. The white embossed trees look really pretty. Hugs Mrs A.