Tuesday 6 November 2018

Embossing - CAS Mix Up November.

Things are settling down a little here and am managing to find some time to get round all the challenges I have missed! Although I am struggling for ideas - think it's because I have had so many other things whizzing round in my head -  I really wanted to have a first go at the CAS MIX UP challenge which this month is Embossing.

I vaguely remembered doing something with an embossing folder called the Belleek method some time back and being happy with the way it tuned out so after a quick internet search I found some inspiration on Jennifer's blog. (Thank you Jen)

I  made several cards using the same embossing folder and different coloured ink. And they used up some scraps of card in the process!

The first card used SU Daffodil Delight ink.
Turned out a little darker than expected but am quite OK with it - after all you need a bit of sunshine if you're not well don't you?

Following Jennifer's tip I inked over the embossed panel with Versamark and then dusted some Cosmic Shimmer over raised bits. I was really pleased with the result - although it doesn't show up a lot in the pic! A gorgeous subtle sheen.

The second card was a lot less intense and I thought a little disappointing although it DOES look better in real life than it does in the pic.
You can't really see the background colour (Versacolour Petal Pink) here but it is a very pretty pale shade. (And anyway it's another just to have on hand in case I need to send one in a hurry!)

I used a larger frame for this panel as there was very little impact with the soft colour scheme. Every cloud etc though as maybe this can be just a general 'all purpose' note card?

Happy though to be back in the craftie space even though Mojo doesn't want to be here with me!

Thanks for looking and thank you for any comments you leave - I appreciate them all. x


21 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Belleek technique, Viv. I love the floral texture and bright yellow color with your framed CAS design. TFS your 2nd elegant and soft subtle pink colored card. Both so pretty with the added pearls. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy

JoAnn said...

Such lovely cards with the embossed backgrounds and pretty design. Love the way you framed the embossing on both cards. TFS

Lynne said...

2 fabulous cards Viv. That shade of yellow is gorgeous and I love the subtle shade of the second one x

Carole said...

You don't seem to be doing too bad on the mojo front Viv...these are both lovely cards.Very classy! xx

Loll said...

The embossing folder you used for these two cards is beautiful and just perfect for the Belleek technique. I tried that technique several years ago and did love the look as well, but haven't used it since. You have inspired me to use it again, Viv! I love the bright yellow of your first card. It's like sending sunshine along with your get well wishes ... perfect!! And I can see the soft pink of your second card. It's subtle, but so elegant. Lovely with the framed circle design. So happy you have time to play a bit more these days. Thanks for sharing these two beauties with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Kathleen said...

Love these cards and the yellow and white, the all white looks great too with the lovely frame.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

Both these cards look stylish and elegant, Viv, the design looks great.
Yvonne xx

Liz said...

Two stunning cards, Viv. I'll have to check out the Belleek technique, the effect is beautiful. xx

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely embossing folder and I like both cards but especially the yellow one. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up.

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your beautiful framed cards Viv

Anne

brenda said...

Two really stylish makes Viv, which is more than can be said for last night fiasco.

B x

Jules said...

Hi Viv

A great technique .. .. love the finished look!

The gorgeous yellow on the get well card is sure to cheer anyone up!

Hope all is good with you. My apologies for being a stranger .. .. life is a little hectic here at the moment.

Love Jules xx

Mac Mable said...

The tecnique looks so effective on both of your beautiful cards. I love the vibrancy of the first one and the delicacy of the second. Nope I don't see any evidence of the missing mojo X thank you for joining in the CAS Mix Up Challenge X

Bonnie said...

This sunshine yellow with the embossed white flowers is so uplifting, Viv! I love that you've framed a bit and it has lots of white space to make the artwork really stand out! Love the second try too and I can see a bit of tint on that! The pearls and all the white make it very elegant! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jo said...

I was really drawn towards this beauty because of it's CAS design along with it's punch of colour. This card actually works for me along with the addition of pearls to give it an elegance it deserves.
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Pia S said...

These are simple yet stunning designs, same concept but turning out completely different. They both look fabulous.

Viv said...

Two super cards Viv , I love that technique too..infact I have just made one using it too (can't post it as yet though. Love the yellow and the white one looks very classy too. Hope you get your mojo back soon...although it looks ok to me judging by this mf ;) hugs Viv xx

Pat said...

This embossing folder is just perfect for using the Belleek technique, and the first is so bright and pretty in the yellow, and the second more muted pink background is soft and easy on the eye as they say, and the added pearls look great, and you are right that it is useful to have a card like this to hand. x

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely cards using this lovely embossing folder Viv - I love the Beleek technique and had forgotten about it! So glad you had time to play and share with us at CAS Mix Up!

Jeanne H said...

Love your yellow get well card! And congrats!!

AlisonC said...

Congratulations on your win. I wouldn't normally reach for yellow ink but I love the bright pop of colour here. It's good to be challenged! The pink one is sweet and pretty.