Thursday 24 January 2019

Rainbows


The Card Concept  has an inspirational pic of Rainbow Cupcakes (HERE) which matched an inked background made for another project that I never completed (😏😏)- and thinking back I had made 2 cards using a die cut and the negative left over.
So my original idea (which was just shades of blue), the yummy cupcake pic and a trawl through my 'card ideas' folder' produced this! (I cannot credit for it as the link no longer exists, but the addition of the 2 strips down the side of the white textured card were from the ideas folder).

I cut out two flower dies from the inked panel and another from the white, and using the negative from the white positioned it so you couldn't see where the coloured flowers had been cut from.  So no waste!
 
I really like the vibrant hues to this make although I think maybe I should have used a different colour instead of the Pistachio at the bottom but overall am happy.

Sharing this over at
Crafty Creations - A/Goes
Creative Crafters - A/Goes
HLS (Dies) - A/Goes

It has been a bit of a dusty week here.
Dear husband and a friend took up the kitchen floor in preparation for a complete kitchen makeover which starts next week and is expected to not be completed for 3 weeks.
The very large tiles that were down were 'a bit of a 'pig' to get up'  (I've cleaned that up a bit 'cos that's NOT the word dear husband used) and the dust created got everywhere despite best efforts to contain it - even onto the craft desk etc which are on the 3rd floor!
Happily for me I will not be here next week when the wall tiles are removed (more dust) and the re-plastering commences - sometimes a duty at Bowls England CAN be a blessing!
Hope all is well in your part of blogland! x

24 comments:

Carole said...

Viv...I LOVE this card, so clever how you have done it and I think the colours are super. I like the green!...another success of yours! It's a Happy card. Good luck with the kitchen ad yes I bet you will be glad to be out of the way at bowls...out of site , out of mind...just hope they don't leave you the cleaning for your return! xx

Aquarius said...

What a lovely rainbow effect you've achieved with this flower die - love it. How lucky that you will be away for some of the time when the dust of alterations is flying- You are right it does seem to travel a long way and get everywhere.

Mac Mable said...

Those kitchen renovations sound horrendous....I bet you are glad you are going away? x
What a stunning card, full of colour and so very beautiful. The design is wonderful and clever idea to pop on the white die cut to hide parts of the coloured cut out. The colours are amazing and I think the pop of pistachio really works so beautifully x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is such a pretty card Viv. I have some similar die cut flowers which I don’t use nearly enough. Your card is a real beauty x

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous colours and I love what you have done with this die, very clever idea.

Kath x

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous floral card Viv.
Yvonne xx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card and love the beautiful die-cut flowers
Carol x

Claire said...

Well you are obviously way more organised than me by having an ideas folder! I seem to have ideas in the dead of night and then promptly forget them in the morning. Your vibrant flowers look stunning against the crisp white and I love how you've made a matching rainbow sentiment too!

Carole Pollard said...

What a beautiful design the colours are stunning I love it Love and hugs Carole x

papierelle said...

Wow, that's stunning!! The many colors are not too colorful, but very harmonious.

AlisonC said...

Brilliant. This looks vibrant and fresh and is such a good idea. I love all the colours and it's a fantastic way to use that die. x

Linby said...

This is so eyecatching and effective - just love it.

ha ha - escaping from the chaos, good idea!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation, love the colors! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous colours and design Viv, love it!
Wendy x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning Viv, the colours are so gorgeous..xx

Anke said...

WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card and the vibrant colours.

Hugs
Anke

Pia S said...

Plenty colorful, yet simple and stylish. An amazing design!

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Loll said...

LOVE the rainbow coloured flowers Viv. So pretty and happy. And love the dimension from adding both positive and negative dies to the card front. Awesome design, my friend! xx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful creation! Love the floral die cuts! Thanks for joining us at the Card Concept!

Lee said...

Beautiful.x

Pat said...

I just adore these bright colours Viv, and the two different coloured panels down the sides, and the four colours blended on to the sentiment strip make the whole thing hang together perfectly. I hope the worst will be over in the kitchen by the time you return from your duties. I think the kitchen is the worst area to have in a mess but just think how lovely it will be when it is done. x

Susan Powell said...

This is beautiful card! Love your take on the challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Ines said...

Beautiful card:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/