Monday 18 February 2019

Mid Month at Stamping Sensations

Our 'All Things Bright and Beautiful' theme this month has attracted some lovely entries and there is still time for you to link up and join us at Stamping Sensations.
We have a great prize from Bee Crafty on offer - full details are on the challenge blog where all the DT have offered their makes for inpsiration (be lovely if you left a comment!) and also you will find our challenge rules. PLEASE READ THEM BEFORE LINKING!! Thank you!

I really liked this Sunflower from Bev's BEAUtanicals range.  I used to grow sunflowers from seed in the garden at my last house along the fence at the bottom of the garden and they always cheered me up when I went down there and saw them, so I had to buy this stamp. (New Years resolution not to buy anything until at least April just disappeared.....😞😞)

I stamped on watercolour card and used distress inks.
This is quite a large stamp (about 6") but seeing many examples of flowers tucked behind a die frame I thought I would do the same with my happy Sunflower.
I added the simple sentiment stamp - probably unnecessary as who couldn't smile when they saw a pretty flower?!


I resisted doing any other colouring or stamping on the textured card base as I just wanted the Sunflower to take centre stage.

As this is a new stamp I am sharing this make over at the Flower Challenge and also at
Crafty Catz - A/G Keep it Simple

Hope you're having a happy smiley sunflowery day wherever you are! x

14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful sunflower stamp and it looks perfect behind the aperture frame.Grandaughters always grow sunflowers in our garden and you and me both with New Years resolutions lol
Carol x

Carole said...

Super card Viv....like the offset approach! xx

Mac Mable said...

Yes the sunflower is such a happy flower and would surely bring a smile to anyone's face x Love your glorious CAS card and love how you've used the circle die cut to hi-light part of the beautiful Sunflower. Beautifully CAS x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful card Viv.
Yvonne xx

Kathleen said...

A super design and a gorgeous image.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

Your sunflower certainly does take centre stage and looks perfect. I used to plant sunflowers with the kids each year and we would have a competition to see whose sunflower grew the tallest. Now I just give the seeds to the birds!! Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Love sunflowers in real or on cards, this is beautiful Viv..xx[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

Joan said...

Love how you framed the lovely sunflower stamp Viv , the only sunflowers I grow are the ones that spring up from the overspill of the bird feeders!

Joan x

Marlies said...

A beautiful stylish card and a lovely effect with the sunflower behind the frame. Marlies

Dora said...

Great card. Beautiful style and flower.

brenda said...

Just beautiful for our theme. Are you prepared for the evening ahead? Bx

Corry said...


I have visited your blog, a very nice blog and you make beautiful creations. I went to follow you. I want to invite you to take a look at my blog and maybe you want to follow me too
And your card is beautiful
Hugs Corry

Bobby said...

Sunflowers do seem to lift one's spirits and make you smile, Viv. I love yours peeking through the circle. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Aquarius said...

Sunflowers do raise a smile and I like the way yours is peeping out of the circle.