Sunday 13 October 2019

CAS Christmas - October (Part 2!)

My Christmas cards are coming along - I am still  needing a lot more but I am currently away visiting my friend in a nice warm country🌞 (and attending meetings about an event we are running next year - so it's not all sun and pool lounging!). Unsurprisingly I really can't get my head round snow and ice at the minute. No doubt when I get back in a few days the British weather will soon change that.
I made these before I left when I was in Christmas card mode! It's very rare that I make 2 cards that are almost the same, and to be honest that was not the intention with these - the one on the left was a 'practice run' and I full expected to at least smudge it - but although I made a few changes when I came to do the second one as I looked at the first I thought it wasn't too bad- so onto a card it went!

I used the solid branch stamp from an Altenew layering set called Cherry Blossom, partly inking and adding bits of it to main branch in Versafine Smokey Gray.
The sponged background is Pumice Stone DI liberally splattered with water and once dry added my two Inklylicious birdies stamped in Crimson Red.

I used Iced Spruce on the base of the first card (not happy) and Tumbled Glass on the second - (much happier) before adding a little bit of glitter.
The 'snow' on the branches done differently too - the  left one had Nuvo Crystal (too thick) and I used a white gel pen on the second one!

Sharing these into the gallery at CAS Christmas where the theme is 'Winter Scene'.
Thanks for looking today - will catch up with you all in a couple of days when back home with the heating on! x

20 comments:

Bunny said...

These are beautiful. I love cardinals. We get a nice variety of birds in our yard. [Bunny]`

Meggymay said...

Beautiful Christmas cards VIv, I haven't started any as yet.
Yvonne xx

Aquarius said...

Both cards are great but I prefer the second one but it is good that you were able to make use of both versions. We need every seasonal card we can make I think!!

Mrs.B said...

Two lovely cards Viv, wouldn't have thought of Pumice Stone for he sky but it works really well, might just have to give it a try.
Avril xx

Christine Alexander said...

Viv, two beautiful cards, I can't decide which I like best they are both stunners. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Mac Mable said...

The pumice stone backgrounds look great and what wonderful wintery images on both of your beautiful cards x. I nearly always make two cards...one as a practice but mine never end up with both useable cards....LOL x. Yes be prepared for the change of weather on your return Viv x.

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW, I love your cards Viv, gorgeous soft wintery scenes - great stenciling and gorgeous skies with a pop of red, just lovely Hugs Robyn

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous delicately coloured cards, very classy.

Kath x

Bonnie said...

Both of these are beautiful, Jane! Such a peaceful scene and then the red birds add wonderful pops of color! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

Oops. Sorry Viv. I think I called you Jane. Time to shut down for the night I think.

papierelle said...

Wow. Both cards are amazing!!!

Carole Pollard said...

So beautiful loving these designs and classy colours love and hugs Carole x

Stamps and Paper said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards Viv love the colours

Anne

Colleen said...

Awesome wintry scene cards, the tree branch looks so realistic and the bit of white for snow is the perfect addition. Love your little red birds for a nice pop of color too! thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

Susan said...

Two beautiful cards, Viv - great variations using the same stamp! Love the soft Pumice Stone sponging and the water splattering. I agree that the Tumbled Grass is the nicer look, also the white gel pen. Might have to CASE these! Thanks so much for making cards for the CAS Christmas challenge I'm hosting!

Loll said...

Always a bonus when you do a practice of a card design! Two beauties, Viv! You are too hard on yourself, they both look amazing.

Hope you are enjoying your time away in the sun. Have fun! xx

Pat said...

These two cards look so pretty Viv and the red birds add that pop of colour to these gorgeous winter scenes. x

Sarn said...

WOW, I love both of these equally.

Hugs, Sarn x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fabulous cards Viv and I'm now staring to realise just how far behind I am with my commenting, so apologies from me. I really like your subtle use of colour in the background and the main focal stamp is lovely x

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Beautiful scene! Loving the sepia tones.