Friday 4 October 2019

CAS Stencil - October

Our challenge at CAS Stencil this month is 'Patterned Paper' and has been set by Loll.
Loll seems to think that we all have patterned paper mountains lying about.. have no idea where she gets that idea from...............😄😄
So here's my DT card -

I recently had a mass purge of patterned paper and got rid of a lot but I did keep some odd sheets from pads which I knew I would definitely use!

I used a small hearts stencil and heat embossed - white ones first leaving the centre red one till last.

Placed onto a die cut piece of black card.
I heat embossed the die cut sentiment and it is really shiny in real life! (Saving this card to give to my other half!)

Stencilling onto patterned paper was another first for me and I hope that will have a go and join in with us this month - 'cos I know you're all now looking at your paper pads!!

Lots of inspiration over on the challenge blog too - my talented teamies have so many wonderful ideas!
AND - we have a wonderful guest designer this month - Gundi- who has made a fantastic card showcasing her stencil and patterned paper!

Am sharing my make over at -
CHNPP - A/Goes
The Male Room - CAS
CAS on Friday -  Masculine

20 comments:

Carole said...

Clever use of stash Viv! How brave of you to throw away!!...good job you saved this one though..it came in useful after all! :) xx

Julia Aston said...

What a great design with your white (and one red!) hearts stenciled over the black and white striped paper Viv! The red heart and sentiment really pop off your card! xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful way to use your hearts stenciling onto patterned paper, Viv. I am loving this challenge. I think we all will be looking at our patterned papers in a different way because of this challenge:-) TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

LOVE your embossed hearts over top of the striped paper. Looks fantastic Viv! And having the center heart red --- fantastic design. It was a first for me stenciling over patterned paper too. :) It's fun! xx

Kathleen said...

Great card Viv, love all the cream hearts with the pop of the red one. I really need to try to sneak some of my old DP's into the re-cycle bag in the hope that Hubby will not spot them.

Kath x

Linda said...

Your pretty embossed hearts look fab on that stripey paper' I love how you made just the one red one xx

Bunny said...

Cute card. I'm sure we could all purge some paper. Give it to a teacher. They would love it for the kids to play with. [Bunny]`

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, I love how you embossed all those darling hearts on your striped paper, and how you added a pop of red to your design, Viv! Such a lovely card, and I'm sure your hubby is going to love it, too ~ Barb xx

brenda said...

A very stylish looking creation.

B x

Robyn Oliver said...

This combination is so effective Viv, cool idea to use white embossed hearts on the black stripy DP and then just one red one with the matching red 'love' sentiment... Fabulous card, love it, hugs Robyn

papierelle said...

Love it. Beautiful idea and the red heart it's a perfect eyecatcher.
Thank you for the great honor of being a guest designer this month.
Gundi

Linby said...

Great card and the embossed love looks so good.
Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room.
Linby x
DT

Christine Alexander said...

so sweet, love the stencilled hearts on your DP :)

Jane said...

Fabulous stencilling, love your card design. Thanks for playing at The Male Room,hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Kia's Place said...

Such a pretty design, so pretty.

Cathy said...

These stencilled hearts look great on the striped paper Viv, love the pops of red too, Cathy x

Mac Mable said...

What a great technique and a fun challenge. The stencilling looks great over the patterned paper and love the cute little red heart x.

Catie Cuddles said...

Stencilling onto patterned paper ... don't think I've done that for a long time. Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Andreja said...

What a beautiful CAS card you made :-))
Thanks for playing with us at The Male Room!

Sarn said...

Great card. Great use of patterned paper too.

I sometimes use up my old paper as scrap paper to stamp off on, or to make envelopes with.
Hugs, Sarn x