Thursday 4 June 2020

Stencil and Acrylic

Someone mentioned to me 'Acrylic Deboss' recently.
I kinda scratched my head a little when they said it as I had no idea what it was! But after a quick internet search and watching a video tutorial it became clear -
it's simply scraping Acrylic Paint over a debossed stencil impression to give some dimension - different eh? And another way to stretch your stencils.

I played about with a few different ones before settling on this Mini Stencil called 'Splash'.

I used some green and blue acrylic paint and an old gift card to drag the paint down the debossed stencilled panel. 
The wellies were from a freebie set coloured with watercolours and fussy cut.

The die cut puddles were part of the same free set and I cut them out using the edges of the card outside the stencil where the paint had been dragged to.

 I quite like the effect of the green and blue acrylic paint on the stencil and another technique that I shall practice.






No comments: