Saturday 24 October 2020

Dawn Reflections or Sandra's Trees!

It has been a difficult couple of days! Mr Mojo went AWOL (again) and motivation to do anything has been in short supply (not that I EVER have any motivation for ironing and the like but there are times it is easier to force yourself to do it than others).
I had an inkling of an idea last night and here is the result.
'Sandra's lovely trees'
(the Crafty Individuals stamp is called Dawn Reflections CI-554 but to me it will always be Sandra's Lovely Trees!)  were sitting on the desk and I decided to force Mr Mojo out of hiding.

I masked off the bottom half of the stamp (the reflection bit) and stamped the top part first.

I found my Inkylicious little man in a boat and stamped him next.
I made a mask of him and then stamped the bottom part of SLT (Sandra's Lovely Trees!).

Held my breath that it would look OK when I removed the mask...... not too bad at all!

Inked my hills in Shaded Lilac and used Squeezed Lemonade and Tattered Rose for the rest of the sky, my coin (circle mask) moved a little so the circle isn't exactly circular but I hope it's only noticeable to me.

The water done with Weathered Wood and Stormy Sky.
I think he looks quite happy out there on his own surrounded by this lovely scenery.

Crafty Individuals has a Facebook Group HERE.  There are challenges every month with prizes offereds - this month's challenge is called NEW DAWN. So countryside scenes, nature etc are all eligible. I know the Crafty Individuals DT would love to see you over there too!

Been a horrible wet and very windy day - we have a Wind Farm nearby and thought someone had come along and stolen the 12 of them - couldn't see it this morning the grey rain filled clouds were so low. And it hasn't improved much as the day has gone on so likely the pic isn't the best either!

I hope you are safe warm and dry wherever you are in blogland and thanks for visiting. x

21 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A fabulous card Viv and a great idea to add the little boat man. You were very brave masking him and it’s worked out really well as the space around the oars looks like a natural pattern on the water. Thank you for your kind words about my stamp. I really appreciate your friendship and support xx

Carole said...

This is absolutely stunning Viv...mojo has come back with a vengeance I say. Love all your inking and masking and of course that lovely tree stamp. Beautiful! It's been a very wet and miserable day here too...very depressing and the thought of altering the clocks tonight doesn't help! XX

Pat said...

Gorgeous Viv it is serene and peaceful out there and you have captured it brilliantly. I just love the colours in the sky too. A beautiful card and the perfect sentiment too. x

Aquarius said...

A really beautiful and tranquil scene. Great idea to include the man in his boat. Been a horrible wet and windy day here as well just right for being the craft room.

Kathleen said...

A really super use of 'Sandra's lovely trees' lovely sky background.

Kath x

Jules said...

Hi Viv

I don't think Mr Mojo is very far away at all judging by this lovely card. I love the scene you have created and that chappie in his boat is the perfect finishing touch.

Sounds like we have all had rain today! Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

Love Jules xx

Bunny said...

This is beautifully colored. [Bunny]

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW wonderful card, the scene is so peaceful and great idea with dem man in the boat.

Stamps and Paper said...

Viv your card us beautiful and love the reflections ...the addition of the little boatman was a great idea

Anne

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this looks fab, great reflection and the boat is the perfect addition

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful scene Viv, my stamps arrived this week I just need to find that time to ink them now.

Sue xx

Bonnie said...

I believe your mojo is spot on, Viv! Love this scene! You've put the two stamps together perfectly and colored brilliantly! It's good to have a sun not perfectly round. It's more realistic that way. Awesome card, my friend!

TK said...

Wonderful -- so beautiful and serene! I'd take boating out on the lake over our current 26 degree freezing morning!

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, this is such a peaceful and calming scene. I bet he is having a wonderful day out on the water by himself. It's been rainy and cold here too and I'm not a big fan of either.

Mac Mable said...

You have made one peaceful and lovely card with Sandra's Lovely Tree stamp x. Yes the lone man in his boat seems quite happy in that beautiful place. Great colours for the sky too Viv x. Yes it has been blustery and very wet in our area too x.

Sarn said...

Live it. Great job on the colouring and masking.

Horrible weather here 2day & yesterday.
But perfect for crafting!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh bless you Viv, you sound as if you're having a rubbish time. I know how it feels to lose your creativity just when you need it the most and I'm so pleased you were able to stamp this beautiful piece and I can hear that you did get that lovely sense of satisfaction when you removed your mask! I love the finished result - such a peaceful scene. Take care of yourself, Vicky xx

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card and love the peaceful scene you created with the stamps.Wet and cold here today and yesterday I must have took about 20 pics to find one half decent one!
Carol x

Ros Crawford said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! I LOVE it! You really captured the reflection so perfectly!

Sally H said...

love love love this one too! Absolutely gorgeous!

Pia S said...

Great job with the colors, they are so right for this scene. And the fishing man looks like he belongs there and it also makes this a superb masculine design.